MPP joins Habs org.

Part time gig? 

not sure how to react to this one, what’s the gang think? 

Initially, I’d have hoped for someone with NHL inside knowledge and experience to build on and share, as IMO competing in Olympics, Worlds is a lot different than an NHL career.

She has figured out longevity though.

1 hour ago, hockeyrealist said:

Part time gig? 

not sure how to react to this one, what’s the gang think? 

Initially, I’d have hoped for someone with NHL inside knowledge and experience to build on and share, as IMO competing in Olympics, Worlds is a lot different than an NHL career.

She has figured out longevity though.

She has been hired as a consultant ... one contributor to the player development program ... so I have no issues.

Only a consultant position - sounds like a way for her to get her feet wet in management. 

She is an unbelievable player (hey Commandant - she’s “clutch!” 😃) so I have no problem with it, as long as we have other seasoned voices around to offer countervailing opinions, which I’m sure we do.

I tend to support any move that adds talent from outside the same old circle of NHL Old Boys.

• Like 1

It's about time the Habs move on their promise to bring diversity to their coaching and management staff. I hope that the part-time gig is not just a PR stunt to be abel to say : "See, we are all about diversity"

She is a great athlete and seems to be respected by hockey players. She is a different voice that can help players see different facets of the game and give a different perspective; but also, she is a dedicated, determined competitor that can show them how to win... yes, she is clutch

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Only a consultant position - sounds like a way for her to get her feet wet in management. 

She is an unbelievable player (hey Commandant - she’s “clutch!” 😃) so I have no problem with it, as long as we have other seasoned voices around to offer countervailing opinions, which I’m sure we do.

I tend to support any move that adds talent from outside the same old circle of NHL Old Boys.

Being Great is not Being Clutch. 

She is great, and will score in prelim games and CWHL/NWHA/PWHPA games, and gold medal games.   She scores all the time.... there is nothing clutch about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

It's about time the Habs move on their promise to bring diversity to their coaching and management staff. I hope that the part-time gig is not just a PR stunt to be abel to say : "See, we are all about diversity" ...

Agree it is time ... expect the "part-time" status is purely because she continues her own hockey career

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

She's been a rumoured hire since pretty much the day that Gorton got the job.  And she is a good hire at that. 

Clutch hire 🤭

• Upvote 2

Definitely some great points coming out, I am even happier about the hiring now.

Have to admit I was not initially excited (wasn’t against it by any means), but I see the value better now and as pointed out it is part-time consultant role so no pressure only opportunity.

As astutely mentioned already, all she does is “score, score, score” so hopefully she imparts  her gifts onto the often offensively-challenged Habs.

Thx for the insights.

On 6/7/2022 at 1:23 PM, Commandant said:

She's been a rumoured hire since pretty much the day that Gorton got the job.  And she is a good hire at that. 

Interesting, does she and Gorton have a personal or relatively special history/connection? 

On 6/7/2022 at 12:26 PM, Commandant said:

Being Great is not Being Clutch. 

She is great, and will score in prelim games and CWHL/NWHA/PWHPA games, and gold medal games.   She scores all the time.... there is nothing clutch about it. 

That is an awesome description and phrase,  true.

Pack that net touch in a suitcase and move into the Bell Centre please.

On 6/7/2022 at 10:33 AM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Good point, the strength in diversity.  

On 6/7/2022 at 10:31 AM, GHT120 said:

She has been hired as a consultant ... one contributor to the player development program ... so I have no issues.

Thx for adding the deets.

4 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

Interesting, does she and Gorton have a personal or relatively special history/connection? 

Shes the best female hockey player in the world, Shes a habs fan, And the organization made a commitment to adding diversity to management when they hired gorton.  She fit for all those reasons.

• Upvote 1

On 6/9/2022 at 2:16 PM, Commandant said:

Shes the best female hockey player in the world, Shes a habs fan, And the organization made a commitment to adding diversity to management when they hired gorton.  She fit for all those reasons.

Was not questioning the fit, aside from the female part could add a hundred names to a list who have actual NHL experience/training.

Again, I’m fine with the hire but had wondered if there was history since the “hiring was rumoured since KH took over” as you said.

Not a very impactful role for their to be rumours about, especially given part-time nature, so had to wonder if there was a personal connection.  Also have to wonder if it is more for optics than effect given it is part-time and she has no experience in the league to draw from and will require adjustment time.

Would rather see a full time professional who is trained in personal/professional development do the job at full pace, which would really show a move to embrace player development.

This feels like pandering, marketing.

43 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

It is the entertainment industry and is in Quebec, so this likely goes without saying for a bunch of stuff, no?

1 hour ago, hockeyrealist said:

Was not questioning the fit, aside from the female part could add a hundred names to a list who have actual NHL experience/training.

Again, I’m fine with the hire but had wondered if there was history since the “hiring was rumoured since KH took over” as you said.

Not a very impactful role for their to be rumours about, especially given part-time nature, so had to wonder if there was a personal connection.  Also have to wonder if it is more for optics than effect given it is part-time and she has no experience in the league to draw from and will require adjustment time.

Would rather see a full time professional who is trained in personal/professional development do the job at full pace, which would really show a move to embrace player development.

Its a lower level role and she is getting started and gaining the experience.  

You cant complain that we should hire more experienced people and also complain that inexperienced people are given entry level roles.

There is no way to move up the ladder if you dont start somewhere.

This is very much the same as Levavalier.