Kostin - Alexandrov - Todd
MacEachern - Joshua - Bitten
Washkurak - McGing - Witkowski

Tucker - Lyle
Rosen - Santini
Cross - Kessel

Hofer

lav17_200-150x150.png

(Lines are guesses based on the confirmed lineup changes)

Harvey-Pinard - Paquette - Ylonen

Martel - Dea - Belzile

Bourque - Schnarr- Teasdale
Condotta - Smith-Pelly

Ouellet - Belpedio
Schueneman - Paquette-Bisson
Niku - Dello

Fairbrother

Primeau

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM and can be listened to here.  The game can also be seen on RDS.

A last second (19:59+) goal on a 5-on-3 PP gives the Rocket life ... 21 second PP to start the second

But during the 5-on-3 a Springfield player picks up a Rocket's glove after a whistle and tosses it into the stands ... HOW is that not an unsportsmanlike penalty?

4 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

But during the 5-on-3 a Springfield player picks up a Rocket's glove after a whistle and tosses it into the stands ... HOW is that not an unsportsmanlike penalty?

I didn't see that one, wow.  I also can't believe that goal counted from the angle we saw.  Not that I'm complaining mind you...

The shots were 25-19 for Laval in the period.  That's a lot of shots.

23 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I didn't see that one, wow ...

It escaped the cameras but the RDS announcers mentioned it (Martel went to the bench missing a glove), the ref and two linesmen huddled for a couple of minutes and the ref went to both benches to explain "something" to the coaches.

Paquette ties it upo ... it will be interesting to see what happens with him come summer ... if he doesn't get a better (i.e., likely NHL roster) offer and is OK with being a Rocket, and possible occasional call-up, then I would be very happy to see him re-signed ... perhaps on a one-way deal (or an above AHL salary guaranteed minimum) as long as it is buriable.

22 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

It escaped the cameras but the RDS announcers mentioned it (Martel went to the bench missing a glove), the ref and two linesmen huddled for a couple of minutes and the ref went to both benches to explain "something" to the coaches.

Thanks.  That explains why I missed it as I don't speak French so it's hard to pick up the stuff like that.

17 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Paquette ties it upo ... it will be interesting to see what happens with him come summer ... if he doesn't get a better (i.e., likely NHL roster) offer and is OK with being a Rocket, and possible occasional call-up, then I would be very happy to see him re-signed ... perhaps on a one-way deal (or an above AHL salary guaranteed minimum) as long as it is buriable.

I wouldn't give him a one-way deal to play in Laval.  One thing to keep in mind is one-way contracts count in full towards the summer cap which is when Weber comes back onto the books.  If they want to stay out of offseason LTIR, they can't really be giving one-way deals to minor leaguers.  Two-way, maybe, but there's no guarantee he'll want to stay in the minors.  I could see him looking overseas for a year or two.

Perhaps then a two-way with a generous guaranteed minimum ... but Europe does seem a distinct possibility.

I've got the PVR recording Laval's game as well as Hamilton's ... Bulldogs tied it 2-2 with a couple of minutes left and it is also off to O/T ... later night than I had planned for.

Lavalagher ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

https://twitter.com/hockey360/status/1535446446316605441?s=20&t=NQTOoxf2bSPRFQ62pTrbeghttps://twitter.com/hockey360/status/15

35446446316605441?s=20&t=NQTOoxf2bSPRFQ62pTrbeg

With a scrum afterwards as Rocket accidentally/unintentionally (?) block the exit for Springfield with their celebration

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

What a game.  The AHL isn't always the highest level of hockey but that was a very entertaining contest.  :1banana:

Tonight's postgame: http://www.habsworld.net/2022/06/laval-overcomes-slow-start-to-tie-series/

great write up! Thanks.

Glad to read that Fairbrother did well and that Niku continues to produce offensive while not causing games.

Primeau has been a revelation this playoff, playing as an NHL goalie prospect. I am glad he is doing so well.

12 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... Primeau has been a revelation this playoff, playing as an NHL goalie prospect. I am glad he is doing so well.

He made some huge saves to allow the Rocket to come back and then win.

But I didn't think he looked great on the first goal: