Game 7, June 15, Laval vs Springfield, 7 PM

dlbalr

lav17_200-150x150.png

(Lines are from last game with a guess at where Abbandonato fits in)

Harvey-Pinard - Paquette - Belzile

Gignac - Dea - Bourque

Teasdale - Abbandonato - Martel
Condotta - Smith-Pelly

Ouellet - Belpedio
Schueneman - Paquette-Bisson
Niku - Dello

Fairbrother

Primeau

spr16_200-150x150.png

MacEachern - Joshua - Bitten (first time they've been listed as the #1 line this series)

Neal- Peca - Todd
Kostin - McGing - Anas
Alexandrov - Kaspick - Witkowski

Tucker - Lyle
Rosen - Santini
Cross - Kessel

Lindgren

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM and can be listened to here.  The game can also be seen on RDS.

2 - 0 mid-second ... Springfield carrying the play

3 - 0 ... two on the previously punch-less power-play.

I give Laval credit - they found another gear but still couldn't beat Lindgren.  Springfield got a late empty-netter to make it 4-0 as the season comes to an end for the Rocket.  It was still a solid playoff run regardless of how things went tonight.

Kudos to Lindgren for two very solid wins (and one somewhat less solid one) against the Rocket. I think he outplayed Hofer in the series and fully earned the game 7 start.

10 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Question: Niku or Leskinen?

For next year?  Leskinen but neither will make much of a difference with Montreal but Leskinen is better defensively.  I'd be shocked if Niku is back with this organization next season.  To be honest, I'd be surprised if he's in North America in 2022-23.  Getting waived by the last-place team in the NHL (and clearing) doesn't bode well for his NHL future.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

For next year?  Leskinen but neither will make much of a difference with Montreal but Leskinen is better defensively.  I'd be shocked if Niku is back with this organization next season.  To be honest, I'd be surprised if he's in North America in 2022-23.  Getting waived by the last-place team in the NHL (and clearing) doesn't bode well for his NHL future.

I see your point, Maine Niku will be in Europe next year, unless the new baby and family keeps him away from the war risk there

12 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I think Niku is very much a credible AHL player, though. And $200-300K in the AHL would be significantly more than he would make in Liiga. So, my bet is that he will be in the AHL next year as well.