Chicago to name Luke Richardson head coach

alfredoh2009

Like I’ve been saying, I am going to miss Luke

Congratulations to Luke ... he's put in the time/work to EARN such a position.

NOW ... another round of speculation starts about his replacement ... but can we skip Larry Robinson's name please ... he is 71 years old and hasn't been a bench coach for many years.

45 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Congratulations to Luke ... he's put in the time/work to EARN such a position.

NOW ... another round of speculation starts about his replacement ... but can we skip Larry Robinson's name please ... he is 71 years old and hasn't been a bench coach for many years.

Andre Markov?

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:
50 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Andre Markov?

🤮

Agree ... No way should they hire someone who has NEVER been a coach when their role will be to develop the youngsters coming down the pipeline.

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Claude Julien? Michel Terrien? Mario Tremblay? I know! JACQUES MARTIN!

On a somewhat more serious note, Bouchard is available after his short-lived San Diego assignment ...

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Agree ... No way should they hire someone who has NEVER been a coach when their role will be to develop the youngsters coming down the pipeline.

Yes and no.  It can be wrong to assume that someone who was an excellent NHL player will be a be a good coach. Gretzky was not good at it. 

However some may be really good at it irrespective of their experience at coaching.  If they can relate to and communicate well with players then they might be really good especially if it's somewhat of a niche role like working only with the defense. 

After all, St. Louis didn't have much experience at all but he relates well to players, especially guys like Caulfield. 

A name I've seen in a few different places is Alain Nasreddine ... 12 years as a pro assistant coach (5 in AHL, 7 with NJD), including a half season as NJD interim HC ... but no idea if there is a MSL connection.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Wasnt Markov a coach in Russia?

He was, but he got a 18 mth ban for a doping incident, where he failed to do doping tests or something bizarre. 

Another Russian ex-Hab that I've always wanted to see is Koach Kovalev.  I know not all highly skilled players work out as a coach but I have a feeling that he'd be a good one. 

17 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

He was, but he got a 18 mth ban for a doping incident, where he failed to do doping tests or something bizarre. 

Another Russian ex-Hab that I've always wanted to see is Koach Kovalev.  I know not all highly skilled players work out as a coach but I have a feeling that he'd be a good one. 

You need a coach for the defencemen and the penalty kill.  I don't think that is kovalev.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

You need a coach for the defencemen and the penalty kill.  I don't think that is kovalev.

True, but he'd be a good candidate to replace Burrows as PP coach.  Kovy was basically a player PP coach with how he used to hold onto the puck and point to where he wanted his teammates to be.  That always cracked me up when he did that, but thats also why I think he could be a decent coach. 

17 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

True, but he'd be a good candidate to replace Burrows as PP coach.  Kovy was basically a player PP coach with how he used to hold onto the puck and point to where he wanted his teammates to be.  That always cracked me up when he did that, but thats also why I think he could be a decent coach. 

At least AK could/should join the Habs as a skills coach and PP consultant