2022 NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

27 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Depending on how Hugo views the odds of Price being healthy and at least competent, this could see Allen heading to Vegas, though.

Here's the issue though - they're not going to have a good sense of whether or not Price can hold up until training camp and probably into the start of the season.  (He might look good for a couple of weeks but will there be signs of trouble after a few games?)  Until they know that, they're not going to want to move Allen and by then, Vegas will have gone and got a goalie.  Unless Montreal can swing a deal to get a new veteran goalie in a separate swap (Reimer from San Jose, for example) to serve as insurance, I can't see them moving Allen at this point. 

Big dummy Lindros deal thingy.

Should of learned to keep his head up and also should of watched out for that lil Kasparitis freight-train.:ph34r:

2 hours ago, DON said:

Big dummy Lindros deal thingy.

Should of learned to keep his head up and also should of watched out for that lil Kasparitis freight-train.:ph34r:

That trade was bananas…likely the best haul in trade history. 

More 5 point games than 0 point games. 

Simply incredible 

11 hours ago, DON said:

Not certain which is Anderson or Mailloux ... both by looks/appearance and because both are listed as 4 inches taller than Suzuki

11 hours ago, DON said:

Tier 4 of 5 seems about right to me ... Edmundson and Mattheson, primarily, and Savard are enough to keep them from dropping to Tier 5.

6 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Not certain which is Anderson or Mailloux ... both by looks/appearance and because both are listed as 4 inches taller than Suzuki

Yes, i dont know who "Old Dominion" is, but thought interesting Andy & Suzy (sorry, not my lazy choices) hanging out with the prospect.

2 London Knights and all 3 OHLers i guess.

Bit on St Louis coaching.

https://cheeringthelogo.ca/2022/08/06/martin-st-louis-2022-23-projects/

3 hours ago, DON said:

Yes, i dont know who "Old Dominion" is, but thought interesting Andy & Suzy (sorry, not my lazy choices) hanging out with the prospect ...

Should have said "Not certain which two are supposed to be is" Anderson or Mailloux" ... only Suzuki is recognizable to me.

7 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Anderson second from the left, Mailloux next to him, wearing the straw hat.

34 minutes ago, DON said:

Excellent article ... the only thing I see as lacking is any mention of whether or not there is any sort of "safety net" of any left-shot defencemen who usually play on the right-side or are at least comfortable playing on the right-side.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Excellent article ... the only thing I see as lacking is any mention of whether or not there is any sort of "safety net" of any left-shot defencemen who usually play on the right-side or are at least comfortable playing on the right-side.

They had the same issue when they assessed wingers -- some wingers can play either side.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

I had talked a bit in general about how there would be left-shot defencemen switching over to play the right side in the LD piece so I didn't get too much into it again in this one. http://www.habsworld.net/2022/08/assessing-the-depth-left-defencemen/

45 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

They had the same issue when they assessed wingers -- some wingers can play either side.

Truthfully, I'm not quite sure if I'm going to use that same approach for the winger columns yet or not.  This was the first time I broke the D up this way so it was the first time really using the handedness approach (at least that I can remember; I've been doing these columns for a while now).  For simplicity sake, it might not be a bad idea.

On 8/13/2022 at 12:45 PM, DON said:

Yes, i dont know who "Old Dominion" is, but thought interesting Andy & Suzy (sorry, not my lazy choices) hanging out with the prospect.

2 London Knights and all 3 OHLers i guess.

Bit on St Louis coaching.

https://cheeringthelogo.ca/2022/08/06/martin-st-louis-2022-23-projects/

Suzuki is from London and played for the London Jr Knights in minor hockey before being drafted to the OHL. 

I just heard the Kadri has signed with Calgary!! 

Can anyone confirm that?

18 minutes ago, REV-G said:

I just heard the Kadri has signed with Calgary!! 

Can anyone confirm that?

Best I can find at the moment

Still not technically a confirmation of his having been SIGNED

CapFriendly currently shows the Flames with $2,761,667 of cap space (pre-Kadri) ... wonder which player(s) is(are) on their way out.

Romanov reported as having a $2.5M AAV ... I expect Dobson will be higher