Tank Hard for Bedard (as heard on TSN690)

alfredoh2009

5 minutes ago, DON said:

Are you talking Bedard? What number is he taking with the Habs, i assume #98 is still available or will be if needed.

image.jpeg

Seems he ***WILL*** be the first.

• 1 month later...

What an underwhelming result on a lost transition season.

CHI went all in and was rewarded. If the Habs were picking top-3 I would be ok with the result, but as is I am certainly disappointed especially with the lack of development playing time by the top prospects due to overuse weardown leading to injuries

Time to turn the page and set eyes in the draft, UFAs and training camp

Go Habs! Go!

28 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

CHI went all in and was rewarded. If the Habs were picking top-3 I would be ok with the result, but as is I am certainly disappointed especially with the lack of development playing time by the top prospects due to overuse weardown leading to injuries

Time to turn the page and set eyes in the draft, UFAs and training camp

Go Habs! Go!

We finished 5th last and got the 5th overall pick. Far from “disappointing,” that seems an eminently sensible outcome. I agree with you on the overuse/injuries point, though. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... Time to turn the page and set eyes in the draft, UFAs and training camp ...

IMO there are not any UFAs worth any serious investment for the rebuilding Habs ... draft, trades and TC for me.

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I have not seen any real evidence of this.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

I have not seen any real evidence of this.

I don’t think we can say overuse led to injuries. But I think there’s no question that players were allowed to play when they probably shouldn’t have and that made their injuries worse (Monohan, Caufield, Guhle, Slafkovsky). I also think playing a guy like Slafkovsky in the NHL when needs to learn the North American game, as well as playing in a more physical league was a mistake and contributed to his injuries. 

Some players were playing hurt to cash-in some bonuses. 

that was disappointing but expected

some players were overused (Savard, etc) which was weird in a lost/transition season

the end-result was “meh” at most

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

some players were overused (Savard, etc) which was weird in a lost/transition season

Savard (22:23), and later Matheson (24:27), was used extensively to insulate the youngsters ... only Guhle (20:31) was over 18:40, substantial for rookies but not excessive.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

the end-result was “meh” at most

If it wasn't "meh" they would be drafting lower than 5th ... in fact, for draft purposes they were 9 points too good ... 9 fewer points could have put them in Chicago's, or maybe CBJs, lottery slot.