Gainey Going To Avs Game.....

HABBER-oooooKNOWS

Gainey is off to the Avs game, with the teams so called legal affairs/salary cap expert. Spector reports this very well may be a sign BG is about to pull the trigger. Theo is not playing but Ribero is.....Maybe Breeze-by is coming back.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I hope we get someone good.........

Gainey is off to the Avs game, with the teams so called legal affairs/salary cap expert. Spector reports this very well may be a sign BG is about to pull the trigger. Theo is not playing but Ribero is.....Maybe Breeze-by is coming back.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I hope we get someone good.........

Who could we get? Sakic will retire an Avs, but maybe Colorado could try to move Blake to free cap room for trades on the side.

If not, then you've got Tanguay, Hejduk and Svatos that comes to mind. Liles would be a nice fit for Montreal but Colorado needs him for the after-Blake.

Last name that springs up is Lapperiere, it'd help Montreal but I think Gainey is working on something bigger.

Too bad I couldn't bump into the Habs brass at the game, I'll be there tonight! Look for the weirdo with the big Canadiens flag sitting up in the rafters.

That said, I would still be surprised (hopefully pleasantly so) if the Habs pulled the trigger on anything with the Avs. I dunno, I just don't see it happening.

Cool...maybe something will actually happen this time. I'm a big fan of trades in general, spices up the season, I find. Who is Gainey looking at in Colorado? I'm hoping there's something brewing for Tanguay, and maybe a defenceman (not Brisbois!). Also, I'm really hoping Koivu isn't involved!

I wouldn't be looking at a big deal. If anything trade goes down i could see the habs trying to acquire a D man. Vasanaan or Scratchtins with another player for Ribiero, Zednick or something like that. Colorado will not part with there core, that is strong with good talented players. I don't think the habs have enough to get a top flight player from the avs. Unless they throw in good rookie.

David Aebischer G 1 6-1 185 2/7/1978

Peter Budaj G 31 6-1 200 1/15/1975

DEFENSE

Player Position Number Height Weight DOB

Rob Blake D 4 6-4 225 12/10/1969

Bob Boughner D/RW 6 6-0 205 3/8/1971

Patrice Brisebois D 71 6-2 203 1/27/1971

Brett Clark D 5 6-0 195 12/23/1976

John-Michael Liles D 26 5-10 185 11/25/1980

Kurt Sauer D 34 6-4 220 1/16/1981

Karlis Skrastins D 3 6-1 210 7/9/1974

Ossi Vaananen D 27 6-4 215 8/18/1980

FORWARDS

Player Position Number Height Weight DOB

Andrew Brunette LW/RW 15 6-1 212 8/24/1973

Milan Hejduk RW 23 6-0 190 2/14/1976

Dan Hinote C/W 13 6-0 195 1/30/1977

Antti Laaksonen LW/RW 24 6-0 180 10/3/1973

Ian Laperriere C/RW 14 6-1 200 1/19/1974

Cody McCormick C/W 11 6-2 200 4/18/1983

Brett McLean C 53 5-11 185 8/14/1978

Brad Richardson C 12 6-0 202 4/26/1977

Joe Sakic C 19 5-11 180 7/7/1969

Marek Svatos RW 40 5-11 175 6/17/1982

Alex Tanguay LW 18 6-1 190 11/21/1979

Pierre Turgeon C 87 6-1 200 8/29/1969

Colorado's lineup....anyone else want to speculate?

The rumour from a Denver forum...........................

Quote:

Originally Posted by Color@do @v@l@nche

Rumors are saying this:

Theodore + Zednik + A young guy (Plekanec / Perezhogin / Komisarek)

for

Tanguay + Aebisher and maybe a pick.

Zednik is many step downs from Tanguay. Tanguay is still many nights our best player and he's our only playmaker.

Aebischer is now playing better than Theodore. Please PL, don't do this. It don't make sense for us.

Hopefully this doesnt happen, but i remember thinking that when i was reading about the "chris drury for derek morris" rumors and sure enough it went down like two weeks later

But aside from that, i say Avs keep up the momentum, 4-3 AVS

Quote:

Rumors are saying this:

for

Zednik is many step downs from Tanguay. Tanguay is still many nights our best player and he's our only playmaker.

Aebischer is now playing better than Theodore. Please PL, don't do this. It don't make sense for us.

Hopefully this doesnt happen, but i remember thinking that when i was reading about the "chris drury for derek morris" rumors and sure enough it went down like two weeks later

I'd say thanks, but no thanks to that.

1) Theo > Abish. Theo is still more proven and has a much better track record than Abish.

2) Zednik < Tanguay.

3) Plekanec or Perezhogin >>>>>> nothing.

4) Can't trade Komisarek, he's our only blueship blueline prospect.

I don't think montreal is looking for scoring...we've been doing good the last few games. what he's probably looking for is a solid d man and grit up front..

i'm suprised and intrigued that gainey has made the trip although it's not unusual...we'll see

somthing's cooking'

I guarantee you that Gainey is looking for a second-line C. Think about it - Ribeiro is the very antithesis of a Bob Gainey type of player. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's got his sights on Laperriere, although whether the Avs want to deal him is a good question...

If something happens, I have a feeling it won't be a blockbuster involving Theo or Tanguay.

Sakic will retire here, Blake has a NTC and Tangs is our leading point-getter and the number 1 part of our future. We just found another young goal scorer in Svatos and Liles is our future Blake. Of course Pierre likes to pull off completely stupid trades sometime but I'd say if anyone big is being dealt, it's Hejduk. I don't see why we'd make a trade now though, we've won 5 straight. Probably someone to fill in for Turgeon for the next month but we looked fine without him on Monday. I'd rather see Richardson get some more playing time with Colorado rather then make a deal when it isn't necessary right now.

Although a deal involving Vaananen will make me IMMENSELY happy. As long as it doesn't involve anyone I mentioned. I think I could handle dealing Hejduk though even though I really like him. And I really hope we don't deal Lappy. :(

Quote:

Rumors are saying this:

for

I'd be fine with this trade if it was the AVS 1st pick this year.

Interesting.

On my wish-list from the Avs:

Ossi Väänänen and Ian Laperriere.

And if I was to suggest something to send the other way I'd say Zednik and Radek Bonk.

The Habs has player within the team to fill the first line. Perezhogin would be my choice today. Even Michael Ryder could move to the left wing.

Laperrier is good enough to be a second line winger and maybe he can spark something into Ribeiro. Maybe that's what Ribs needs? A hard working guy who never quits.

Ossi Väänänen is solid and along with Saku Koivu one of the few finns that I like (remember Im Swedish and I think of Finland as a Qubecios would think of Toronto...)

That would give:

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev

Laperriere - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Higgins - Sundström

Plekanec - Begin - Kastitsyn

Markov - Väänänen

Souray - Dandenault

Rivet - Boullion

Does Montreal need Tanguay he is listed at 6 foot 190. I just don’t think that is what Montreal needs in a top 6 forward. Yes he is a very good player and this will be his 4th 20+ goal season but Montreal does not need him. Theo for Aeibscher is not a good deal, David is playing well right now but who knows when he will slip into old habits. Theo is worth more in my opinion and as I have posted before I don’t believe he will be gone from Montreal until after this season and hopefully playoffs.

IF...and that is a big IF....these Theo rumours are true, then I would feel that Colorado would be one of the best teams to deal with. Tanguay is not the power forward we need but I like him, he is a good player and would help us greatly. But we better get what we deserve for Theo, one of the best goalies in the league.

http://thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl060111.html

New article on TFP.

Edited by habsfan88

Ossi Väänänen doesn't stink. Ian Lapperiere doesn't either.

In my proposal they get Zednik wich is the best player in the deal. We dump Bonk and get two solid players in return. Maybe not what the Avs are looking for but I would hate to see Theo go for Aebisher. Hate.

Ossi Väänänen doesn't stink. Ian Lapperiere doesn't either.

In my proposal they get Zednik wich is the best player in the deal. We dump Bonk and get two solid players in return. Maybe not what the Avs are looking for but I would hate to see Theo go for Aebisher. Hate.

I never said Lappy does, I love Lappy. Probably one of our biggest contributors so far this season. But watching Vaananen every night is frustrating. I can't believe we gave up Morris for him.

Check this out....I"ve never seen RDS speculate (someone can tell me i'm wrong if i missed stuff) but looks like something is going down tonight

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/195508.html

Basically says that the rumours indicate an announcement of a trade between the Avs and Habs will be made after the game. No speculation is made as to players though.

This has been too publicised to actually happen. :(

I'd LOVE for the Habs to make a move with Detroit and acquire one of Lebda or Franzen. I've been watching a couple of their games this season and both really impress me. Samuelsson also looks good but I think Detroit might want to keep him.

I never said Lappy does, I love Lappy. Probably one of our biggest contributors so far this season. But watching Vaananen every night is frustrating. I can't believe we gave up Morris for him.

Very true. If the Habs want Ossi, you are welcome to him. I'd be exstatic if Vaananen (as oposed to Alex Tanguay) and a goaltender were moved for a goaltender from Montreal and Perezhogin, Komisarek, Kostitsyn, or Plekanec.