And the PATCH goes to ......... RBC

GHT120

53 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Disgusting

I agree it "doesn't look right" to have an advertisement on la Sainte-Flanelle ... nothing to do with RBC.

But it is way of the future and at least it is not terribly obtrusive ... ads on the boards looked VERY strange when it started and now when re-watching the "games of my youth" the white boards are almost a distraction.

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Arena boards are one thing, la sainte flanelle is another. But I get it. Gotta “move with the times,” i.e., maximize profits as much as possible. 

While I agree, with the prices of tickets in Canadien markets there shouldn’t be any ads on jerseys.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Arena boards are one thing, la sainte flanelle is another. But I get it. Gotta “move with the times,” i.e., maximize profits as much as possible. 

3 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

While I agree, with the prices of tickets in Canadien markets there shouldn’t be any ads on jerseys.

Ads on sweaters across the league will contribute (to whatever small degree) to increased revenues and thus a higher salary cap ... as long as they keep it minimalist and don't go "Champions League" ridiculous I can live with it. 

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

It's important to note that these are only for home games.  That means there's probably another one of these announcements coming for road sweaters.

Wondering if there may be Canadian road sweater and US road sweater advertisers ... that MIGHT maximize revenues.

19 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

The Habs should “advertise” their logo on the leaf jersey. 

Great brand advertising strategy for sure. It would be the topic of every blog, podcast, tweet, Sportsnet broadcast in Canada for months. 

Amazing... better yet Carolina 

I was aware that ads on jerseys would be a new thing, but the placement of it looks ridiculous.  The patch would look better if it was on the shoulder.   Plus, they could double the revenue that way.  i.e. players have 2 shoulders.    

Does anyone know how much RBC paid for that honor?  

After all the money lost due to Covid, you knew this was coming, and the reality is that once its there it's never going back. 

As for placement, they put it where it is prominent... front of the jersey is shown more on TV then on the shoulders.  You think that if they could get double for two shoulders, they wouldn't do that?  LOL.  They are putting it where its making the most money. 

Both players and owners want this, so it's a battle we can't win.  Might as well just accept it at this point. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Watching the game the oyher night and the white jerseys the Habs wrre wesring didn't have the RBC patch....???

And helmets have CIBC on them?

Do they have different sds for home and away?

25 minutes ago, kenadian said:

Watching the game the oyher night and the white jerseys the Habs wrre wesring didn't have the RBC patch....???

And helmets have CIBC on them?

Do they have different sds for home and away?

Yes, they are still selling the patch on the away jerseys, they haven't made a deal yet. 

And the helmet ads are also different home and road.