74 - Brandon Gignac 60 - Alex Belzile
43 - Xavier Simoneau

86 - Riley Kidney

96 - Danick Martel
LD RD G
21 - Kaiden Guhle 58 - David Savard 34 - Jake Allen
6 - Chris Wideman 72 - Arber Xhekaj 30 - Cayden Primeau
84 - William Trudeau 59 - Mattias Norlinder

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/pregame-jets-canadiens-what-you-need-to-know-sept-29/c-335890886?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=CHCcontent&utm_content=EN-0929-Skip-Preview

Bah I can’t watch yet as I’m looking for a new internet/tv providers so I don’t want to get centre ice yet. 

Guhle - Savard is a regular season pairing so I hope they work well together. 

That Dvorak line might very well be a regular season line and I hope Dach feeds Caufield for a hat trick tonight. 

We have two solid lines tonight so I expect some goals. 

Norlinder isn't looking good so far.  Was beaten inside to the puck on the goal and looked lost as the puck was being passed around him the next shift. 

Xhekaj, on the other hand, is looking good at both ends of the ice.

Nice shot from Guhle on the goal, that certainly won't hurt his confidence.  Xhekaj looks good as well.  Gignac looks just like he did for Laval in the playoffs as a shifty, energetic player that makes a lot happen.  He's not making the team obviously but I'm glad he's still in the organization.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Norlinder isn't looking good so far ...

Nope ... maybe its his number ... #59 just doesn't scream DEFENCEMAN to me ... although I have to admit that Roman Josi makes it work

40 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I’m listening on the radio so I don’t really understand what is happening half the time but it sounds like the Habs are playing well 

At times, yes, but there have been others where there has been a whole lot of nothing going on.

Beaten between his pad and the post once again ... IMO Primeau needs 50-55 starts in the 72 Laval games ... to continue his development

12 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

If they call that a cross check consistently, no team will ever play full strength.  

It's pre-season for the refs too.

4 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I hear the name Heineman a lot but not much of Dach. 

Radio guys talk very positive about Xhekaj 

I'm hoping Dach is playing like this because he's guaranteed a roster spot.  If Xhekaj keeps playing like this, he will be in the lineup opening night.

I actually disagree with the 4:00 minute penalty ... when Caufield entered into contact with the Jet, CC ran into the stick and IMO caused the "slash" ... no way of knowing if there is a slash absent that.

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Gallagher scoring is a good sign for his season ...

BG was within 6 feet of the goalie ... isn't that interference ... 😜

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I actually disagree with the 4:00 minute penalty ... when Caufield entered into contact with the Jet, CC ran into the stick and IMO caused the "slash" ... no way of knowing if there is a slash absent that.

I don't think that factors in to the penalty.  The stick was high and caused bleeding.  It will always go back to the player has to be in control of their own stick.

17 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I don't think that factors in to the penalty.  The stick was high and caused bleeding.  It will always go back to the player has to be in control of their own stick.

Seems like a loophole that players could exploit to draw a penalty.