Oct. 1, Canadiens vs Senators, 7 PM

dlbalr

Pitlick 1 shot 1 goal.

23:28 for Matheson, good work-out.

20:31 2 shots for Harris & 2pts +3, 19:46 for Barron, lots of shifts for the young d.:clap:

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

Debrincat has a scary release. What the heck were the Blackhawks thinking?

They're thinking that they're entering an Arizona-style tank mode.  He's two years away from UFA eligibility.  They know he wasn't going to sign a long-term deal knowing that it's an Arizona-style tank job.  It sounds like they really wanted Korchinski and figured that the trade market for him this summer wasn't going to be the strongest because of teams' inability to add cap space (I think they read the market right on that front).  Plus, moving him now enhances their chances of losing this season.  I'd have waited it out until closer to the trade deadline where I think they could have gotten creative with some retention and beat the return they got but they're valuing Korchinski and the extra losses higher than I would.

Hope the Hawks arnt charging their fans full price for tickets this season and like vast majority of hockeyfans, that they lose the lottery next April.

38 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They're thinking that they're entering an Arizona-style tank mode.  He's two years away from UFA eligibility.  They know he wasn't going to sign a long-term deal knowing that it's an Arizona-style tank job.  It sounds like they really wanted Korchinski and figured that the trade market for him this summer wasn't going to be the strongest because of teams' inability to add cap space (I think they read the market right on that front).  Plus, moving him now enhances their chances of losing this season.  I'd have waited it out until closer to the trade deadline where I think they could have gotten creative with some retention and beat the return they got but they're valuing Korchinski and the extra losses higher than I would.

Pretty reasonable response. 👌 

35 minutes ago, DON said:

Hope the Hawks arnt charging their fans full price for tickets this season ...

lol-rotflmao.gif

36 minutes ago, DON said:

Hope ... like vast majority of hockeyfans, that they lose the lottery next April.

While I agree, and would add the 'Yotes into that hope, my REAL focus is with hoping that Toronto (all but a given), Ottawa and Boston make the playoffs so they have no chance at any of the top prospects in the 2023 draft.

Notes from Anthony Marcotte. who does play by play for the Rocket, in French:

* Barron has a solid game, showing he has a spot on teh NHL roster to lose

* Beck looks great and is being evaluated on multiple game situations, he will continue developing on the OHL

* Harvey-Pinard - Stephens - Richard looks like what would be the top line in Laval

* Leskinen looks like he would be the top D in Laval