Habs vs leafs 7:00pm Oct 3 2022

DON

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/pregame-lines-and-defense-pairings-at-morning-skate-october-3/c-336003244?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=CHCcontent&utm_content=EN-1003-Lines

Monday, October 3
Game lineup (playing tonight vs. TOR)
LW C RW
27 - Jonathan Drouin 91 - Sean Monahan 17 - Josh Anderson
20 - Juraj Slafkovsky 77 - Kirby Dach 68 - Mike Hoffman
63 - Evgenii Dadonov 28 - Christian Dvorak 11 - Brendan Gallagher
43 - Xavier Simoneau 74 - Brandon Gignac 60 - Alex Belzile
LD RD G
8 - Mike Matheson 47 - Otto Leskinen 34 - Jake Allen
72 - Arber Xhekaj 52 - Justin Barron 95 - Kevin Poulin
64 - Corey Schueneman 24 - Madison Bowey  

Josh Anderson was slotted into the game lineup, meaning he is expected to play his first preseason game on Monday. We'll have to wait for St-Louis' press conference for confirmation.

The game is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET at the Bell Centre. For tickets, click here.

Suzuki to play tomorrow.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

That's 8-9 NHL-level forwards now, but the defence corps is considerably more NHL-aspirational, with only Matheson a lock for the Habs' regular-season lineup.

If I watch the game, I'll zero-in on Bowey. If his foot speed is border-line adequate, it may be a good option as 7th D, since we are so strapped for NHL RDs

58 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

That's 8-9 NHL-level forwards now, but the defence corps is considerably more NHL-aspirational, with only Matheson a lock for the Habs' regular-season lineup.

At this point, a lot of Montreal's defence corps is NHL-aspirational even if they were icing their best lineup.  Matheson and Savard are proven guys, Wideman is kind of NHL-calibre (in the offensive zone but not the defensive zone), and then everything else is filled by a rookie/unproven guy.  

28 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Wow we actually have a solid forward unit tonight. 

I can’t wait to see Monahan 

This year, it's Montreal's turn to host the 'A' lineups between the two teams.  Next year, Toronto will get the good lineups and Montreal will have the so-so ones.  There's actually an informal agreement in place between the two organizations going back about 7 or 8 years now, two games each preseason with alternating which one hosts the better matchup.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I wonder how healthy Monahan is.

Also, I am curious if the Dadonov-Dvorak-Gallagher will look anything like the Tatar-Danault-Galagher line

Seems to be the goal given the personnel and respective styles, if they are that effective it will be great.
But kind of funny to think of money-wise given what Danault/Tuna would have costed….??? 

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

This year, it's Montreal's turn to host the 'A' lineups between the two teams.  Next year, Toronto will get the good lineups and Montreal will have the so-so ones.  There's actually an informal agreement in place between the two organizations going back about 7 or 8 years now, two games each preseason with alternating which one hosts the better matchup.

I didn’t know that 🤔

I hope we smoke them tonight 

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Based on recent post of Leafs skate today, they have a solid roster up front tonight also.

Will be interesting to see how Matheson and the young D (especially Arber) handle the fast, potent leaf attack. Arber looks to be in top 4 tonight so will see time vs Leaf’s top fw’s.

58 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Will be interesting to see how Matheson and the young D (especially Arber) handle the fast, potent leaf attack. Arber looks to be in top 4 tonight so will see time vs Leaf’s top fw’s.

I would not be surprised if Matheson goes "half-in" just getting ready for the season, I kind of expect that

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

I don't think they'd be playing him in the pre-season if he wasn't ready.

He is healthy enough to play, for sure, but how close to his "fully healthy" self is he? Is he healthy enough to push Dach to the wing? Or to make Dvorak to trade?

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

He is healthy enough to play, for sure, but how close to his "fully healthy" self is he? Is he healthy enough to push Dach to the wing? Or to make Dvorak to trade?

I'm guessing that Hugo has the same questions as you do, and that's why he's in the lineup!

8 minutes ago, DON said:

I assume will be another blacked out game out west.

Cant wait to actually see a game on the 12th.

Yes, this one is regional.  The Thurs/Sat ones might be national though, at least in French.  Considering they're Hockeyville games, one would think Sportsnet would be contractually obligated to show them as well although I don't see anything on the schedule for them yet.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Yes, this one is regional.  The Thurs/Sat ones might be national though, at least in French.  Considering they're Hockeyville games, one would think Sportsnet would be contractually obligated to show them as well although I don't see anything on the schedule for them yet.

Yes ... and for the Sportsnet Now option, you need a Premium subscription to see the regional games. Given that it's the Leafs, I might not get this one, either.

image.png

Oh no, Leafs score 1st. 

I rewound it numerous times to try to determine who was out of position but I was unable to determine the exact scapegoat.  I'm guessing it was Gignac for chasing.  However, it might have been Xhekaj or Belizie too because all 3 of them were inside the left faceoff circle on a PK leaving the other side totally open. 

4 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

... but I’m still iffy on Barron ...

He laid a GREAT hit on a Leaf just inside their blueline but was barely out of that zone when the puck entered the Habs' zone ... nice hit but wrong time and/or wrong place

18 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I rewound it numerous times to try to determine who was out of position but I was unable to determine the exact scapegoat.  I'm guessing it was Gignac for chasing.  However, it might have been Xhekaj or Belizie too because all 3 of them were inside the left faceoff circle on a PK leaving the other side totally open. 

I didn't like Xhekaj's positioning on that goal.  He got caught up too high which is why Barron had to hedge towards Bunting which left Nylander open.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Yes ... and for the Sportsnet Now option, you need a Premium subscription to see the regional games. Given that it's the Leafs, I might not get this one, either.

image.png

And, indeed, it's blacked out. Will this be the case for all games vs the Leafs (except maybe the Saturday night NHC national games)?