Habs vs leafs 7:00pm Oct 3 2022

DON

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

He laid a GREAT hit on a Leaf just inside their blueline but was barely out of that zone when the puck entered the Habs' zone ... nice hit but wrong time and/or wrong place

He seems really really jittery and he is kind of all over the place. 

I think Gallagher looks off too. His timing or something is off - nothing seems to go his way 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Yes ... and for the Sportsnet Now option, you need a Premium subscription to see the regional games. Given that it's the Leafs, I might not get this one, either.

image.png

Yeah I wasn’t able to watch through premium because I’m in leaf territory. 

Thankfully I do have TSN on my tv

2 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

And, indeed, it's blacked out. Will this be the case for all games vs the Leafs (except maybe the Saturday night NHC national games)?

Usually, all of the Toronto-Montreal games are national ones so that shouldn't be an issue for you.  But yes, if there was a regional one, you'd be out of luck.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Usually, all of the Toronto-Montreal games are national ones so that shouldn't be an issue for you.  But yes, if there was a regional one, you'd be out of luck.

Like tonight ...

7 hours ago, dlbalr said:

This year, it's Montreal's turn to host the 'A' lineups between the two teams.  Next year, Toronto will get the good lineups and Montreal will have the so-so ones.  There's actually an informal agreement in place between the two organizations going back about 7 or 8 years now, two games each preseason with alternating which one hosts the better matchup.

Matthews, Marner and Nylander are the "B" lineup? 🤔

Arber X is a beast. If he can rein it in a bit and not get caught running around... he's gonna be sticking with team sooner then we think.

SLAVS is having a good game as well.  At least a half dozen chances created or taken

15 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Bowey and Scheuneman are terrible

They're both fringe roster guys and having them paired together probably doesn't help.

7 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Arber X is a beast. If he can rein it in a bit and not get caught running around... he's gonna be sticking with team sooner then we think.

SLAVS is having a good game as well.  At least a half dozen chances created or taken

Xhekaj has been involved tonight but he's struggling defensively with his positioning.  I'd like to see him settle down on that front but the rest of his game has been good.

Agreed on Slafkovsky.  A slower start but he's gotten a lot better as the game has gone along.

23 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Matthews, Marner and Nylander are the "B" lineup? 🤔

The visiting team sends the "A" lineup ... but not certain how that explains the Habs lineup last week in TO

5 minutes ago, DON said:

Arber/Simoneau/#20 two shots each at least.

Simoneau has been very "under the radar" but has shown decently in his, thus far, two games.

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

Simoneau has been very "under the radar" but has shown decently in his two games, thus far.

And with only 7:24, least on team.

I know it's still preseason.  If Dadanov was on a PTO this preseason, he doesn't get a contract playing the way he is.  I hope he picks it up at some point, but he's not impressive in many positive ways so far.

Kirby Dach 10/16 (63%) tonight thus far ... 6/15 (60%) versus Winnipeg ... 4/9 ($$%) versus NJD

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

I know it's still preseason.  If Dadanov was on a PTO this preseason, he doesn't get a contract playing the way he is.  I hope he picks it up at some point, but he's not impressive in many positive ways so far.

20g last year and just hope a similar season makes him a good deadline target.

Does seem like all the young d are having their "moments" and that Allen & Monty are surely in for a tough season. 

Dach is impressive 

Hoffman and Dadonov don’t look great

I think Xhekaj deserves a couple NHL games to reward him. He has all the tools and effort but he needs more coaching. 

Gallagher is cursed

Slafkovsky looked like he did in the rookie tournament. He is going to be great - in Laval. 

Matheson looks almost as good as Petry so that trade is looking good…

I remember last year preseason when people on here shot me down for saying X Factor was going to be an NHL defenceman. "ECHL at best" was one of the retorts if I recall right. You guys need to tool up on your scouting abilities, lol. Unfortunately I cant watch any preseason this year to give my insight.

Matheson- 22:03 2minutes on PP & 2minutes on PK; getting a good look at him anyways.

Havent seen #20 play yet, but how will new Mgmt treat him?

I assume they will have him in opening day lineup, or at least in press-box and then simply give him a brief stint in NHL before likely sending down to Laval at 1st sign of struggle.

And many young Europeans struggle alot (it seems) when jumping in to the NHL.

https://www.nhl.com/news/state-your-case-should-slafkovsky-start-season-with-montreal/c-336019402

22 minutes ago, DON said:

Matheson- 22:03 2minutes on PP & 2minutes on PK; getting a good look at him anyways.

Havent seen #20 play yet, but how will new Mgmt treat him?

I assume they will have him in opening day lineup, or at least in press-box and then simply give him a brief stint in NHL before likely sending down to Laval at 1st sign of struggle.

And many young Europeans struggle alot (it seems) when jumping in to the NHL.

https://www.nhl.com/news/state-your-case-should-slafkovsky-start-season-with-montreal/c-336019402

with Monahan healthy and Dach playing well, there is no room for any waiver eligible forward. Slafkovsky is headed to Laval

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

with Monahan healthy and Dach playing well, there is no room for any waiver eligible forward. Slafkovsky is headed to Laval

Yeah, right now it looks like Evans may end up playing on a wing already. Even Hoffman could end up in Laval, maybe.

Just now, tomh009 said:

Yeah, right now it looks like Evans may end up playing on a wing already. Even Hoffman could end up in Laval, maybe.

I am still stuck looking at a trade with SEA.... maybe we can trade Dadonov to SEA retaining 50% of salary and adding a D prospect like Leskinen or Fairbrother for Fleury... crering a forward roster spot, clearing some salary and patching the RD ?!