October 4 - Montreal vs Ottawa - 7:00 p.m.

GHT120

Montreal Canadiens

Tuesday, October 4
Morning skate
LW C RW
22 - Cole Caufield 14 - Nick Suzuki 20 - Juraj Slafkovsky
32 - Rem Pitlick 71 - Jake Evans 49 - Rafaël Harvey-Pinard

51 - Emil Heineman

62 - Owen Beck 40 - Joel Armia
55 - Michael Pezzetta

74 - Brandon Gignac

56 - Jesse Ylonen
LD RD G
64 - Corey Schueneman 54 - Jordan Harris 30 - Cayden Primeau
72 - Arber Xhekaj 6 - Chris Wideman 35 - Sam Montembeault
21 - Kaiden Guhle 58 - David Savard

Couldn't find the Sens details

• GHT120 changed the title to October 4 - Montreal vs Ottawa - 7:00 p.m.
46 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Looking forward to seeing what that first line will do.  Not sure I completely agree with the wings being on their off-hands.

Since wingers don't move in north-south slots like in a table-hockey game anymore I'm not certain it makes any difference.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Since wingers don't move in north-south slots like in a table-hockey game anymore I'm not certain it makes any difference.

Caufield mishandled a couple of hard passes on his backhand already.  It's much easier to catch a pass on the forehand.

4 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Caufield mishandled a couple of hard passes on his backhand already.  It's much easier to catch a pass on the forehand.

My point is/was that wingers tend to wander all over the ice as play progresses so regardless of where they line up on a face-off, they will sometimes get the passes to which you refer.

18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I don't expect we'll be seeing a Schueneman-Harris pairing in the regular season.

Regardless. I really don’t think we have any decent pairings. D has been and will be a tire fire unless Guhle, Harris and some other kid step up in a big way. Good news is that it doesn’t have to happen this year, because there is no way in hell we are a playoff team anyways.

28 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Owen Beck. 

Remember that name. 

I hope he turns out as good as his potential looks. But in all seriousness, he should be back in junior once the real season starts. This is exactly the kind of guy that Bergevin would have hung his hat on in rushing by selling hope.

let the kid feel good about himself and tell him to go back and DOMINATE in junior.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I hope he turns out as good as his potential looks. But in all seriousness, he should be back in junior once the real season starts. This is exactly the kind of guy that Bergevin would have hung his hat on in rushing by selling hope.

let the kid feel good about himself and tell him to go back and DOMINATE in junior.

100%

4 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I read that Slaf lost Giroux on the goal.  How was his game ?

yes, he did loose Giroux, but it was a tic tac toe play

he looked like a big kid trying to bulldozer over multiple players and learning that that doesn't work againts NHLers. When he adapted his game, he looked promising but not yet ready

8 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Honestly, he looked totally lost and towards the end of the game he looked psychologically defeated. 

He will eventually end up being ok but IMO he is no where near ready to play in league. 

54 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Honestly, he looked totally lost and towards the end of the game he looked psychologically defeated. 

He will eventually end up being ok but IMO he is no where near ready to play in league. 

This isn't accurate at all...  on the giroux goal he tailed off on his back check and learned a lesson almost every player learns when they let there man go... mind you let Giroux go in the final 3rd right before the back door tap in.

He didn't look at all out of place actually on the top line playing against a very good DeBrincat Tkachik line plus Chabot and Zub.

Did he make mistakes in the game? Of course he did. Did he have multiple shots on net with at least 2 grade A chances and set up a couple as well? Yes

This kids gonna be just fine and will likely get sent down ONLY because of the numbers on the roster... if not he'd be staying with the team because his growth in just the last 2 games alone has been exponential. He was arguably our best forward the night before against a stacked TO team as well. 

Do I want him sent down? If he isn't in the top 6 then yes said him down. Do I want him replacing a lazy Drouin or Hoffman in the top 6 immediately? Yes please. 

It's a development year and he played 22 minutes last night in a back to back 

9 hours ago, tomh009 said:

With Armia (injured) and Heineman barely playing in the third, the top line got a ton of ice time.

Heineman played the last shift of the second period but didn't come back for the third ... injury ... illness ... insubordination ... had to hustle to catch the 9:55 to Stockholm?

30 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

This isn't accurate at all ...

We all tend to see what we want to see ... personally I agree completely with what you wrote.

9 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

this is a more detailed account on the game. Slafkovsky was not among the top 4 players for the Habs according to the author.

http://www.habsworld.net/2022/10/habs-struggles-continue-with-loss-to-sens/

Xhekaj continued to show his raw potential.

Guhle was inconsistent but still seems to be the rookie most deserving to start the season in Montreal.

Schueneman struggled with Harris, mostly because of the aggressive forecheck by the Sens, they exposed this D-pair

We likely will see more of same for next 6 months.

He simply isnt a very good goalie is he?

"Sam Montembeault, who is being counted on to play 20-30 games as Jake Allen’s backup, gave up five goals on 23 shots."

I know pre-season is meaningless, but I am beginning to wonder if my prediction that the Habs would NOT be last overall was “optimistic.” Or pessimistic, depending on your interpretation.