HabsWorld 17th Annual Regular Season Prediction Contest

Peter Puck

54 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

No doubt. Certainly not a great prediction on my part as I didn't expect Caufield to get hurt.  If he stays healthy then I am not even close. 

I had him at 29 goals because I thought he would get hurt, mostly due to the Bell centre curse where Habs seem to get injured more often than not.

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2022 at 4:34 PM, alfredoh2009 said:

To Predict:
a) what the Habs regular season record will be: wins-losses-OTL-SOL

I believe that they will do better than last year, but not by much: 29W-44L-5OTL-4SOL=67pts
b) in what place in the Atlantic Division the Habs will finish

7th ahead of Buffalo
c) in what place in the league the Habs will finish

29th ahead of Chicago, Arizona and Buffalo
d) Tiebreaker the total number of goals Cole Caufield will score this season (including goals scored in shootout win or lose) as a Hab.

29 goals

well, unless they go on a prolonged loosing streak, I think "I am toast" on this year's prediction contest.

Good for the Habs! :)

Bad for the tank :(

• 1 month later...

Well collectively this is the best year Habsworld has had at predicting the Canadiens regular season.  Almost everyone came pretty close.  In particular tonight's game will settle which of the following will be this year's winner.

The Habs currently have 68 points and will finish with 68, 69 or 70 points.

Really impressive that 7 of you have come so close with a number of others just off.

DalHabs              27-42-6-7  =  67 points  8th, 29th, 31 goals by Caufield

DutchHabsFan   25-40-10-7 = 67 points 6th, 27th,  25 goals

hab29RETIRED  28-43-8-3 =   67 points 8th, 2th,   39 goals

alfredoh2009     29-44-5-4 =  67 points 7th, 29th, 29 goals

-------

DON                   29-40-8-5    = 71 points 28th, 8th, 37 goals

PMAC                 28-39-11-5   = 71 points 29th, 8th, 30 goals

Okay the season is over.  Habs finish with 68 points leading to a 4 way tie in Habsworld predictions.

Caufield scored 26 regular season goals plus 2 shoot out goals for a total of 28 goals.

The winner is....

alfredoh2009

18 hours ago, Peter Puck said:

Okay the season is over.  Habs finish with 68 points leading to a 4 way tie in Habsworld predictions.

Caufield scored 26 regular season goals plus 2 shoot out goals for a total of 28 goals.

The winner is....

alfredoh2009

Sad clap.

19 hours ago, Peter Puck said:

The winner is....

alfredoh2009

The Mask Award GIF - The Mask Award Thank You - Discover & Share GIFs

On 4/18/2023 at 9:32 PM, DON said:

Congrats potato-head!:clap:

Thanks Don. Sadly all of us that were pessimistic about the Habs season were right

I hope they do similarly next year so that they draft high one last time before shedding the last of the dead wood and start their climb

7 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Thanks Don. Sadly all of us that were pessimistic about the Habs season were right

I hope they do similarly next year so that they draft high one last time before shedding the last of the dead wood and start their climb

Not sure i can take another garbage season...but see how Hughes does this summer...will there be medium sized, big or huge changes to the roster?

I think Hughes has laid the groundwork for anticipating another crap year though.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Not sure i can take another garbage season...but see how Hughes does this summer...will there be medium sized, big or huge changes to the roster?

I think Hughes has laid the groundwork for anticipating another crap year though.

I doubt they will be around a Top 5 pick for 2024 draft ... but neither do I expect they are quite in the wildcard chase yet ... more likely to pick 10-13 IMO ... although much depends on whether Montembeault can make further progress and/or Allen bounces back strongly and/or Primeau surprises me and/or HuGo add a young "goalie of the future" ... Unless they win the lottery, i expect other additions more likley to be Monahan-ish (i.e., an asset to take a contract) or a youngster (be it a Habs pick or via trade) still developing.

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I doubt they will be around a Top 5 pick for 2024 draft ... but neither do I expect they are quite in the wildcard chase yet ... more likely to pick 10-13 IMO ... although much depends on whether Montembeault can make further progress and/or Allen bounces back strongly and/or Primeau surprises me and/or HuGo add a young "goalie of the future" ... Unless they win the lottery, i expect other additions more likley to be Monahan-ish (i.e., an asset to take a contract) or a youngster (be it a Habs pick or via trade) still developing.

I wouldnt rule out wildcard spot; without a clue how summer will play out, health of team, how many players over-underachieve.

A contender, not a frickin chance.

9 hours ago, GHT120 said:

That’s a lot of ifs

10 hours ago, DON said:

Last trade deadline to shed expiring contracts and get some returns

locked in with the goalies they have, they will not be successful in the playoffs so why would the screw their draft chances next year (24-25)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Last trade deadline to shed expiring contracts and get some returns

locked in with the goalies they have, they will not be successful in the playoffs so why would the screw their draft chances next year (24-25)

Only forward we MAY be able to unload for a marginal return is Hoffman. Matheson and Edmondson are the only dmen who have value - if they are healthy (aside from our young guys who I wouldn’t want to move right now). I think both of them are potential off-season moves. As is Dvorak and Anderson up front.

we aren’t going to be able move any of the contracts that would really help us if we moved them (Armia, Gallagher).

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Only forward we MAY be able to unload for a marginal return is Hoffman. Matheson and Edmondson are the only dmen who have value - if they are healthy (aside from our young guys who I wouldn’t want to move right now). I think both of them are potential off-season moves. As is Dvorak and Anderson up front.

we aren’t going to be able move any of the contracts that would really help us if we moved them (Armia, Gallagher).

I can only wish upon a 🌟 star