Ostapchuk - Brassard - Hawryluk
Kelly - Kastelic - Watson
Lucchini - Gambrell - Sabourin

Sanderson - Brannstrom
Holden - Zaitsev
Larsson - Bernard-Docker

Hellberg

Puck drop is at 6:30 ET on TVA Sports.

Congrats to Allen for getting to play an NHL preseason game in his home Province.

Caufield - Monahan - Dadonov  <-- Nice, that line should be interesting.  Caufield with Dadonov looked good together in a previous game and Monahan seems to be a decent play maker.  

Anderson - Pitlick - Slafkovsky  <-- that line just seems odd.

I agree with @hockeyrealist.  After the last game the Sens coach was accusing the Habs of targeting Sens players.  It seems like they are specifically icing a lineup to target Habs players in this game.   Xhekaj, Pezzetta, Anderson and Dach might have to get busy with their fists tonight. 

58 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... After the last game the Sens coach was accusing the Habs of targeting Sens players.  It seems like they are specifically icing a lineup to target Habs players in this game.   Xhekaj, Pezzetta, Anderson and Dach might have to get busy with their fists tonight. 

And under the circumstances.  W - T - F   is Caufield doing in the lineup???

9 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

And under the circumstances.  W - T - F   is Caufield doing in the lineup???

Was wondering that as well, he’s played a lot this pre season it seems.

Nice for local fans to see him play though.  Just hate to see him injured in a meaningless game.

Better get that one win today tho.

Not impressed with Sportsnet Now.  The last game it wouldn't let you watch the game until 6:30 PM EST when it started at 6 PM EST.  Today it's showing the game doesn't start until 7:30EST, when it's already on.

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Not impressed with Sportsnet Now.  The last game it wouldn't let you watch the game until 6:30 PM EST when it started at 6 PM EST.  Today it's showing the game doesn't start until 7:30EST, when it's already on.

that blows.

Im visiting family in NB and can’t get the game on tv…

Usually get every game out here so this is weird, same for last one as well.

Hoping for some updates, opinions here tonight.

Between jays game and free centre ice package preview (watching Dallas at Minny) I am entertained before the feast weekend gets deep.

Would like to be watching Habs tho.

37 minutes ago, DON said:

Caufield so far 3g1a 4gms 18:53/gm.

I am not real worried he will be targeted i this game...Arber or Pezzetta likely.

Yeah, I believe he is season-ready. Obv a young guy and can handle the games but hate to see him be a casualty of a clutch and grab, hack and whack type game.

I have always been impressed in his ability to make plays yet still protect himself so not sweating it.  
He’s looked good imo, hope he Carrie’s it into season, his shot is top notch obv. 

8 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I had hard time finding a stream for this game but I managed to see Caufields snipe a wrister on the short side top corner though.

It's sad I paid for Sportsnet NOW and still had to find a stream for the first period.  The game wasn't live until the period was almost over.

13 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

It has begun .....

Pitlick just flipped a Sen with a hip check and a big kerfuffle ensued.  No fights but a lot of pushing and shoving with Anderson getting a penalty.   

It’s like I was there, great description and sounds familiar.

40 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Between jays game and free centre ice package preview (watching Dallas at Minny) I am entertained before the feast weekend gets deep.

Jays are making things interesting for sure but in all the wrong ways. Blew a huge lead and its all tied up going to the bottom of the 8th. A bit frustrating. 

Just now, Habsfan84 said:

Jays are making things interesting for sure but in all the wrong ways. Blew a huge lead and its all tied up going to the bottom of the 8th. A bit frustrating. 

indeed, collisions / injuries 

ugh 

they are following the leafs playoff trend tho.

23 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

It has begun .....

Pitlick just flipped a Sen with a hip check and a big kerfuffle ensued.  No fights but a lot of pushing and shoving with Anderson getting a penalty.   

But, IMO, a cheap shot hip check given that the guy didn't have the puck.

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

But, IMO, a cheap shot hip check given that the guy didn't have the puck.

I'm not sure if it was a cheap shot though.  I think the Sen was trying to hit Pitlick but he ducked and buddy rode up his leg and went flying over him.  It certainly wasnt a normal a hip check.

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... I think the Sen was trying to hit Pitlick but he ducked and buddy rode up his leg and went flying over him.  It certainly wasnt a normal a hip check.

Perhaps true ... it was more of a "submarine" ... if the roles were reversed I suspect we Habs fans would be quite upset

Just now, GHT120 said:

True ... it was more of a "submarine" ... if the roles were reversed I suspect we Habs fans would be quite upset

I have to see it again.  It might have started off like a can opener but ended like a hip check. 

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I have to see it again.  It might have started off like a can opener but ended like a hip check. 

@GHT120 thx!!

I dont think it was malicious on Pitlicks part.  It was 1 of those odd play that just happened.  I think the Sen did it to himself because he kept skating forward when Pitlick's leg was in between his legs.  The Sen had nowhere else to go but over Pitlick.