Oct. 8, Habs vs Ottawa (again), 6:30 PM

dlbalr

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

@GHT120 thx!!

I dont think it was malicious on Pitlicks part.  It was 1 of those odd play that just happened.  I think the Sen did it to himself because he kept skating forward when Pitlick's leg was in between his legs.  The Sen had nowhere else to go but over Pitlick. 

The question would be ... what business did Pitlick's leg have being between his legs?  ... to me, looked fairly intentional by Pitlick

1 minute ago, hockeyrealist said:

Regarding Pitlick, I’ve liked some and disliked some of his pre season.

I see him as odd man out, anyone think there is room for him on Habs?

I think the coaches LOVE him and at a minimum he is the 13th forward.

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

Not impressed with Sportsnet Now.  The last game it wouldn't let you watch the game until 6:30 PM EST when it started at 6 PM EST.  Today it's showing the game doesn't start until 7:30EST, when it's already on.

That must have been 7:30 ADT ... I double-checked on nhl.com, and it was at 6:30 EDT.

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

I think the coaches LOVE him and at a minimum he is the 13th forward.

I see the logic in that thought.

He has  been a nice find, just so many NHL proven forwards, would think they’d be able to score lol.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

That must have been 7:30 ADT ... I double-checked on nhl.com, and it was at 6:30 EDT.

Was 7:30EST.  I'm on MST, so it was actually listed for 5:30.  I contacted Sportsnet and was told it's just how Sportsnet schedules.  Some games will be scheduled to be live up to an hour after it's airtime.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

And under the circumstances.  W - T - F   is Caufield doing in the lineup???

I don't know if they have a healthy scratch up front right now.  The veterans missing that were there last game are due to injury.

14 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Regarding Pitlick, I’ve liked some and disliked some of his pre season.

I see him as odd man out, anyone think there is room for him on Habs?

When everyone is healthy, I think he's the 13th forward.  Everyone isn't healthy so he has a pretty safe spot in the lineup right now.

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I don't know if they have a healthy scratch up front right now.  The veterans missing that were there last game are due to injury.

When everyone is healthy, I think he's the 13th forward.  Everyone isn't healthy so he has a pretty safe spot in the lineup right now.

Wise words on both counts now that you mention that about the current injuries.

25 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

... jays season over 10-9 blew a 8-1 lead 

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__focused_v3.

Refs were only going to be so lenient ... Wideman was the third potential obstruction by the Habs in this O/T ... one by Anderson as Drouin took the puck up the right side and the other by Allen after a save.

10 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Refs were only going to be so lenient ... Wideman was the third potential obstruction by the Habs in this O/T ... one by Anderson as Drouin took the puck up the right side and the other by Allen after a save.

I couldn't believe the Allen one didn't get called.

Just now, dlbalr said:

I couldn't believe the Allen one didn't get called.

I also couldn't believe I saw what I saw ... aggressive play by a goalie.

With preseason over, what are yalls thoughts? Here's mine, whether you want em or not.

Dach looks alright. I don't hate him as much as I thought I would.  Ghule is the only new face who looks ready for the nhl. Edit... aside from dach and Monahan. 

Lehkonen for baron and basically a 3rd with how good colorado is? I Said it before he was traded and I still think it. The team is better with him. Not a Baron fan at all. He sucks. 

How much time does the pp coach get? I get that skill is an important part of a pp, and habs don't have that, but Holy moly it's bad. 

Snarkovsky and scrabble score need to go to the ahl.  Harris would be my first defensive call up. Harvey Pinard didn't look great tonight, but his camp as a whole wasn't bad. Might be a callup if one of the smurfs get hurt.

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

How much time does the pp coach get? I get that skill is an important part of a pp, and habs don't have that, but Holy moly it's bad.

I think the closest to a PP coach is Burrows who is actually the most experienced coach on this staff.  Boy, that's a terrifying thought.  That said, I think the special teams are more collaborative than we think.

7 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

... Lehkonen for baron and basically a 3rd with how good colorado is? I Said it before he was traded and I still think it. The team is better with him. Not a Baron fan at all. He sucks ...

I'll wait to judge Baron until the end of this season, at least ... but with the cap structure Bergevin left behind, there is no way the Habs could have re-signed Lehkonen this summer, whether they could have done better than Baron as a return will be an unknown until Hughes or another GM reveal what other options were available ... AND ... as for "the team being better" with Lehkonen, making the team better this season is not my priority.

7 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I'll wait to judge Baron until the end of this season, at least ... but with the cap structure Bergevin left behind, there is no way the Habs could have re-signed Lehkonen this summer, whether they could have done better than Baron as a return will be an unknown until Hughes or another GM reveal what other options were available ... AND ... as for "the team being better" with Lehkonen, making the team better this season is not my priority.

Hoffman. Armia. Drouin. Byron. Probably Dadanov. Let's keep them and get rid of a top notch defensive forward. 

21 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Hoffman. Armia. Drouin. Byron. Probably Dadanov. Let's keep them and get rid of a top notch defensive forward. 

Easy to say, but not a realistic option IMO ... ***IF*** Hugo could have moved any of those guys at the deadline, or over this summer, they would be gone ... Vegas had to take on Weber's contract to be able to move Dadonov ... short of giving away draft picks or prospects with the "undesirables" they weren't/aren't going anywhere ... at least not without a comparable contract coming back (e.g., defenceman with a bad contract for a forward with a bad contract), leaving the Habs in the same cap situation.

40 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I think it will be too early to see if Baron pans out until at least next year. Having said that I thought Lekhonan should have brought back a first. He should have been worth more than Chiarot.

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Hes a 20 year old defenceman and a first round pick... ill give him 2-3 years at least before writing him off.

I dont understand why some people want to declare 20 year old dmen as finished products who suck and basically throw them away.

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Hes a 20 year old defenceman and a first round pick... ill give him 2-3 years at least before writing him off.

I dont understand why some people want to declare 20 year old dmen as finished products who suck and basically throw them away.

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I think it will be too early to see if Baron pans out until at least next year. Having said that I thought Lekhonan should have brought back a first. He should have been worth more than Chiarot.

Barron is 20 today (19 at the time of the trade) and a recent first round pick