Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson

Monahan - Dach - Hoffman

Slafkovsky - Dvorak - Gallagher

Pitlick - Evans - Dadonov

Guhle - Savard

Harris - Kovacevic

Xhekaj - Wideman

Allen

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM on Sportsnet and TVA Sports.

• Upvote 1

I hope Allen doesn't get hurt

I also hope the Leafs do not run up the score to the point of chasing Allen

I will be looking at the Monahan-Dach duo and the Dvorak-Gallagher duo in hopes they develop some chemistry

For the rest, I am very happy with the tank job :)

Go hard or go home,

for Dedard here we go,

Dive deep and tank hard,

for Bedar, it's all worth...

1 hour ago, sim.on said:

One solitary proven NHL defender...

Should be interesting 

Wideman does have 245 NHL games, so I think he's proven himself (even if only as a third-pairing D).

The other four have a grand total of 14 games between them ...

13 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Wideman does have 245 NHL games, so I think he's proven himself (even if only as a third-pairing D).

The other four have a grand total of 14 games between them ...

I can;t wait for the game to start. It's been too long

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

First impression is that our D is going to get torn apart by leafs skill

I can hope that we score as many as them. Our forwards look capable of putting the puck in the net. 

8-7 game with Murray getting chased would be cool

Agreed with first statement.

”Hope” is correct for second, although last season and this preseason leads me to believe it is actually rather hopeless.

I’d be fine with the entertainment value of that game tho, can’t really recall last time I saw a Habs W.

GHG!

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Possibly the worst D corps we’ve dressed for a game since the Houle years? 

Ya, might be an interesting year. And we all must of thought it couldnt get any worse than last year.:D

I think they will need to score a bunch of goals to get a win today. 

9 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

I hope we crush them. Let us be the start of another disappointing year for the laffs.

Arber with a few clean bonecrushers as well.

I hope Arber plays a smart solid defensive game, dont care if he tosses any hits, as long as he doesnt look like a Sheldon Souray clone (pylon).

I would bet Habs wont 'crush' them, but would be awful fun start to season to see that.:1gohabs:

47 minutes ago, DON said:

Ya, might be an interesting year. And we all must of thought it couldnt get any worse than last year.:D

I think they will need to score a bunch of goals to get a win today. 

Much depends on how long Edmundson and Matheson are out ... how well they can play once they return ... and ... how long they can they stay in the lineup once back ... they won't make the backend into a good D-Corps but it will cut in half the number of rookies "thrown into the deep end".

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Much depends on how long Edmundson and Matheson are out ... how well they can play once they return ... and ... how long they can they stay in the lineup once back ... they won't make the backend into a good D-Corps but it will cut in half the number of rookies "thrown into the deep end".

Yeah, a scenario like this is what I was afraid of - damaging rookies by playing them way over their heads for too extended a period. As a short-term expediency, it's fine, but I doubt that it is a good approach to player development in the longer run.

I have to admit, I'm down with rebuilding and happy we have some young talent in the system. But I can't recall ever feeling less excited about a Habs' season. The knowledge that we have practically no chance of competing for a playoff spot risks turning the whole thing into an extended exercise in amateur player evaluation: "hmm, yes, the Habs lost 7-4, but this Harris kid seems quite promising," he mused, stroking his beard and looking thoughtful... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, a scenario like this is what I was afraid of - damaging rookies by playing them way over their heads for too extended a period. As a short-term expediency, it's fine, but I doubt that it is a good approach to player development in the longer run.

I have to admit, I'm down with rebuilding and happy we have some young talent in the system. But I can't recall ever feeling less excited about a Habs' season. The knowledge that we have practically no chance of competing for a playoff spot risks turning the whole thing into an extended exercise in amateur player evaluation: "hmm, yes, the Habs lost 7-4, but this Harris kid seems quite promising," he mused, stroking his beard and looking thoughtful... 

I'll somewhat disagree ... in the last dozen years the Habs have usually been, at best, chasing (praying for) a wild card spot ... which never excited me (having been spoiled in my youth from the 1968-1979) ... and even when they were a presumed playoff team I rarely if ever felt they were likely to go more than one or two rounds ... so, for me, it is actually more interesting entering the season watching the development of the 10-12 "pro youngsters", whether Monahan and/or Gallagher can get their games back, and the seasons of  Drouin/Hoffman/Armia/Dadonov to see if any (all 🤞 ) can resurrect some trade value ... the CHL kids will also be interesting to follow.

6 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

If only there was a threat from the PP.

It will come back to haunt once the refs start their "balancing act" ... but overall I am pleased with how they are playing thus far

The young defencemen have looked pretty good so far and Kovacevic's a pretty good skater as advertised.  I don't like the lack of offensive pressure though; it's not as if Toronto is a particularly strong defensive team.