2022-23 NHL Discussion Thread

tomh009

9 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Pretty impressive road trip by the Kraken, 6-0 with wins in Toronto and Boston. WOW!

Maybe Ron Francis isnt such a dummy?

10 minutes ago, DON said:

Maybe Ron Francis isnt such a dummy?

I think you are right, makes me feel like a dumber dummy when I could not predict his picks in the expansion draft and that I thought I would have done better :bonk:

Caufield on 48.8 goal pace. Just seems like 40+ goals is probable now, i know will have a slump or two but don think he will stop scoring. 

Dach on 51pt pace, would be an acceptable 1st year with the team.

11 minutes ago, DON said:

Caufield on 48.8 goal pace. Just seems like 40+ goals is probable now, i know will have a slump or two but don think he will stop scoring. 

Dach on 51pt pace, would be an acceptable 1st year with the team.

Caufield is just a machine. He's one of those guys where everyone on the ice knows what he's going to do - get below the hashmarks and blast it at the net - but somehow nobody can stop him from getting open. He's like Brett Hull in that regard, i.e., he just seems able to sneak in and evade coverage and BOOM. (Stamkos is similar in that respect too).

It helps that he has "Slick Nick" Suzuki dishing him the puck. Again, everyone knows Suze is going to be looking to pass cross-ice to CC, but, again, no one seems able to stop it. We haven't seen elite skill at FW in Montreal in a long time. That's what it looks like. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Caufield is just a machine. He's one of those guys where everyone on the ice knows what he's going to do - get below the hashmarks and blast it at the net - but somehow nobody can stop him from getting open. He's like Brett Hull in that regard, i.e., he just seems able to sneak in and evade coverage and BOOM. (Stamkos is similar in that respect too).

It helps that he has "Slick Nick" Suzuki dishing him the puck. Again, everyone knows Suze is going to be looking to pass cross-ice to CC, but, again, no one seems able to stop it. We haven't seen elite skill at FW in Montreal in a long time. That's what it looks like. 

I just hope Caufield doesn't get "taken out of a game" and injured. Habs have not played too many teams that do that, but watching him get trampled on yesterday made me gasp briefly 😬

20 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I just hope Caufield doesn't get "taken out of a game" and injured. Habs have not played too many teams that do that, but watching him get trampled on yesterday made me gasp briefly 😬

Mcdonagh was rough on Caufield all night and it worried me too. 

Caufield was helpless and nobody could or would help him. 

45 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Mcdonagh was rough on Caufield all night and it worried me too. 

Caufield was helpless and nobody could or would help him. 

it was like seeing Tweety play hockey against Sylvester

Sylvester GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Saw this on tweeter, love it:

33 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

As usually happens, Tweety came out on top, scoring twice ..

Both goals on the PP.

Of course a strong PP is the biggest deterent to opponents taking liberties.  Now if only the Habs can consistently work the PP.

14 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Could be an interesting trade deadline this year. With Bedard being the top prize and a pretty decent draft, team's out of the playoffs could  tank instead of going for a playoff spot. 

If you're five points out of a wild card spot at the deadline, it's really too late to tank.

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Both goals on the PP.

Of course a strong PP is the biggest deterent to opponents taking liberties.  Now if only the Habs can consistently work the PP.

Oh, I agree. I just couldn't resist the Teety Bird opening ... :)

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

If you're five points out of a wild card spot at the deadline, it's really too late to tank.

Yeah...I'd be pretty pissed if my team threw away a fight for the playoffs in order to ascend to, like, a 3% chance of getting Bedard...

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah...I'd be pretty pissed if my team threw away a fight for the playoffs in order to ascend to, like, a 3% chance of getting Bedard...

Especially if you can only move up 10 spots. Like Tom said, if you are 5 points out it is too late to tank. 

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I wonder what he has to say

"Wha, waaah, whaha, whah , wha!... waaah, whaha, whah , whawaaah, whaha, whah , wha... Caufiled... waaah, whaha, whah , wha... Suzuki...waaah, whaha, whah , wha... 2023 draft...waaah, whaha, whah , wha, waaah, whaha, whah , whaaa, waaah, whaha, whah , wha!... waaah, whaha, whah , whawaaah, whaha, whah , wha... Caufiled... waaah, whaha, whah , wha... Suzuki...waaah, whaha, whah , wha... 2023 draft...waaah, whaha, whah , wha, waaah, whaha, whah , wha"

Charlie Brown GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY"Wha, waaah, whaha, whah , wha!... waaah, whaha, whah , whawaaah, whaha, whah , wha... Caufiled... waaah, whaha, whah , wha... Suzuki...waaah, whaha, whah , wha... 2023 draft...waaah, whaha, whah , wha, waaah, whaha, whah , wha""Wha, waaah, whaha, whah , wha!... waaah, whaha, whah , whawaaah, whaha, whah , wha... Caufiled... waaah, whaha, whah , wha... Suzuki...waaah, whaha, whah , wha... 2023 draft...waaah, whaha, whah , wha, waaah, whaha, whah ,whaha, whah , wha!... waaah, whaha, whah , whawaaah, whaha, whah , wha... Caufiled... waaah, whaha, whah , wha... Suzuki...waaah, whaha, whah , wha... 2023 draft...waaah, whaha, whah , wha, waaah, whaha, whah , whaaa, waaah, whaha, whah , wha!... waaah, whaha, whah , whawaaah, whaha, whah , wha... Caufiled... waaah, whaha, whah , wha... Suzuki...waaah, whaha, whah , wha... 2023 draft...waaah, whaha, whah , wha, waaah, whaha, whah , wha"

5 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

"Wha, waaah, whaha, whah , wha!... waaah, whaha, whah , whawaaah, whaha, whah , wha... Caufiled... waaah, whaha, whah , wha... Suzuki...waaah, whaha, whah , wha... 2023 draft...waaah, whaha, whah , wha, waaah, whaha, whah , whaaa, waaah, whaha, whah , wha!... waaah, whaha, whah , whawaaah, whaha, whah , wha... Caufiled... waaah, whaha, whah , wha... Suzuki...waaah, whaha, whah , wha... 2023 draft...waaah, whaha, whah , wha, waaah, whaha, whah , wha"

Charlie Brown GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY"Wha, waaah, whaha, whah , wha!... waaah, whaha, whah , whawaaah, whaha, whah , wha... Caufiled... waaah, whaha, whah , wha... Suzuki...waaah, whaha, whah , wha... 2023 draft...waaah, whaha, whah , wha, waaah, whaha, whah , wha""Wha, waaah, whaha, whah , wha!... waaah, whaha, whah , whawaaah, whaha, whah , wha... Caufiled... waaah, whaha, whah , wha... Suzuki...waaah, whaha, whah , wha... 2023 draft...waaah, whaha, whah , wha, waaah, whaha, whah ,whaha, whah , wha!... waaah, whaha, whah , whawaaah, whaha, whah , wha... Caufiled... waaah, whaha, whah , wha... Suzuki...waaah, whaha, whah , wha... 2023 draft...waaah, whaha, whah , wha, waaah, whaha, whah , whaaa, waaah, whaha, whah , wha!... waaah, whaha, whah , whawaaah, whaha, whah , wha... Caufiled... waaah, whaha, whah , wha... Suzuki...waaah, whaha, whah , wha... 2023 draft...waaah, whaha, whah , wha, waaah, whaha, whah , wha"

Pretty much ... but Hughes will be speaking coherent English ... if anyone expects the "what are your plans for" questions to be answered in anything but the vaguest of terms, I have some beachfront land in Arizona in which they might be interested ... hopefully GH is able to provide some clarity on the injury status of various players ... don't wish injury on anyone but cap-wise I would not be upset if Guhle, Evans and/or Gallagher were ruled out for the season.

Heard a talking head bring this up and curious as to the response here:

Interesting to see Matt Boldy sign 7 year deal (incl 2 yrs of ufa I believe) for aav of $7mil.

same draft year as CC, similar ppg rates (CC has played more games), with CC obv being more of a sniper vs Boldy more assists.     Wondering how much and a comparable they are to one another? 

I’d be happy if Habs could sign CC to 7x7 f or sure, even 7x8 unless 8yrsx8mil is an option, the kid’s a legit goal scorer but I’d love to see team not break the bank or pass Suzuki numbers for sake of complimentary pieces…

• tomh009 unpinned this topic