2022-23 Laval Rocket Discussion Thread

tomh009

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I missed that article, good summary.

Hoarding is what comes to mind, Habs seem to be holding on to players and not making a decision based on performance but on development of a handful of prospects.

I much rather see them trade the surplus players for late picks or Ds for Fs. 

It is like they are saving some of these extra players until a trade can be worked out with depth players being bundled.

my $0.02

I don't mind that they're holding onto extra guys in general.  If the Habs are going to trade a few players midseason, they need to have a stockpile.  Otherwise, if they somehow managed to move some now in a non-existent trade market and some later on, we'd be sitting here in March talking about how Montreal raided Laval for bodies, leaving them with no hope for a possible playoff push.  

24 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

You can only make a trade if someone else wants to trade with you, though.

... and the players (NHL and AHL) that could be traded right now are likely the ones no fans want traded.

50 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

You can only make a trade if someone else wants to trade with you, though.

it is easier at the AHL level, make room for Harris and Xehkaj by trading a couple of AHL LDs for AHL FWDs

Assets can be kept for March, but room can also be made for development... :bonk: but what does a potato head know about this :bonk:

29 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

... and the players (NHL and AHL) that could be traded right now are likely the ones no fans want traded.

Schueneman, Green, Beaudin, even Trudeau are not on a path to the NHL with the Habs, they could be traded for an AHL FW and free up a spot for Harris/Xhekaj

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Schueneman, Green, Beaudin, even Trudeau are not on a path to the NHL with the Habs, they could be traded for an AHL FW and free up a spot for Harris/Xhekaj

I think trading Schueneman would hurt the Laval D, and the team is already none too strong.

And, even at the AHL level, you still need a willing trade partner that wants your defencemen and has forwards they are willign to trade -- and who are good enough to help the Rocket.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

I think trading Schueneman would hurt the Laval D, and the team is already none too strong.

And, even at the AHL level, you still need a willing trade partner that wants your defencemen and has forwards they are willign to trade -- and who are good enough to help the Rocket.

swapping Schueneman for Harris would improve them, IMHO. But I doubt this happens

2 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

As far as I can  tell, Poulin started the game. Was Primeau hurt in the warmup?

5 Stitches

Very good summary ( in French) on the first quarter for the Rocket

This just keeps getting worse...

From nine healthy d-men to six in the matter of about 28 hours.  Knowing that Bowey and Barron were both hurt, why in the world did they trade Green now?  Why not wait until the others are healthy?

• tomh009 unpinned this topic