Oh, put me in coach, I'm ready to play today
Put me in coach, I'm ready to play today
Look at me, I can be center ... left wing ... right wing ... right D ... left D

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Hallelujah ... a FORWARD ... it will be interesting to see what he can do

28 minutes ago, DON said:

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Hallelujah ... a FORWARD ... it will be interesting to see what he can do

I was thinking about this guy last week and I was wondering how close he was to NHL ready. 

Do we expect him on the Habs roster next season or is he going to be a while?

10 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I was thinking about this guy last week and I was wondering how close he was to NHL ready. 

The closest I have to expectations for any prospect next season is if they win the lottery and draft Bedard ... 😇 ... well, maybe Farrell ... it will be good to see him in the North American game.

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Part of me was originally expecting him to go to Montreal directly instead of Laval.  His ceiling isn't all that high so he's the type of player that is going to slot into the bottom six and those players don't typically need as much time in the minors.  I expect he'll see some action with the Habs next season.  Maybe not as a regular but as one of the first recalls.

42 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Part of me was originally expecting him to go to Montreal directly instead of Laval.  His ceiling isn't all that high so he's the type of player that is going to slot into the bottom six and those players don't typically need as much time in the minors.  I expect he'll see some action with the Habs next season.  Maybe not as a regular but as one of the first recalls.

Thanks Brian 👍

8 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I dont have a lot of hope for him

Dude is essentially victor olofsson in buffalo.... or like mike hoffman, in terms of style.  He can shoot the puck at an nhl level, maybe even a high end nhl level but the rest of his game sucks.

Not sure if he ever makes it and if he does, he will just frustrate us.

23 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Dude is essentially victor olofsson in buffalo.... or like mike hoffman, in terms of style.  He can shoot the puck at an nhl level, maybe even a high end nhl level but the rest of his game sucks.

Not sure if he ever makes it and if he does, he will just frustrate us.

Mike Hoffman is certainly not a player that I wish we had two of. 

Thanks for your analysis 👍

On 3/20/2023 at 7:20 PM, Commandant said:

Or Gurianov, for another example?

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Or Gurianov, for another example?

I still see a younger less skilled version of a Hoffman (459pts in 668 NHL games) when i watch Gurianov, just me maybe?

15 hours ago, DON said:

I still see a younger less skilled version of a Hoffman (459pts in 668 NHL games) when i watch Gurianov, just me maybe?

He looks like the "Good Armia" to me more than Hoffman. Big, skilled and good on the forecheck

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He doesnt have anything close to armias game in his own end

But then Armia usually only actually shows up 1 in 5 games, and I’m not even talking about production.

he’s the type of player you never want to pay more than $1.5m for, and should be letting them walk rather than overpay for what he brings.

53 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

But then Armia usually only actually shows up 1 in 5 games, and I’m not even talking about production.

he’s the type of player you never want to pay more than $1.5m for, and should be letting them walk rather than overpay for what he brings.

I am not a fan of Armia since he chose not to get vaccinated for a ling time and caught COVID a couple of times probably due to his inner circle having the same reticence on the vaccine. He has missed a lot of games since then. I wonder if he has long COVID now.

Let's say that Armia is good without the puck, which is most of the time. With the puck, he should not get paid more than $1.5M like you say.

====

back on the topic of Gurianov, he makes me think more of Armia when he is on a hot point producing streak than of Hoffman who has a great shot and not much else

18 minutes ago, DON said:

I swear that the hit/concussion Armia took couple years ago, really affected his play.

you are probably right. I had forgotten about that

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am not a fan of Armia since he chose not to get vaccinated for a ling time and caught COVID a couple of times probably due to his inner circle having the same reticence on the vaccine. He has missed a lot of games since then. I wonder if he has long COVID now.

Wasn't it Ylonen who was the holdout on getting vaccinated?  He missed the start of the 21-22 season thanks to that.

Having said that, based on what little the Habs have said publicly about Armia's situation (it's a respiratory thing and they have no idea what it is) and his history with the virus (he had longer absences both times), I do think there's a good chance you're right about what's going on now.

Meanwhile, back in Laval, Heineman made his debut on the third line tonight.  He just scored, too.

Fr2-nztWYAYauOM?format=jpg&name=900x900

Armia was vaccinated.  Everyone on the team was prior to the start of the 2021-22 season.

So if he has long covid or some other complication its not about the vaccination.  It can still happen even with the vax.  Its like a seatbelt, it greatly improves your chances but its not 100%

• Like 1

• tomh009 unpinned this topic