2022-23 Laval Rocket Discussion Thread

tomh009

Another loss

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/ahl-laval-rocket/2023/3/25/23656010/rocket-vs-admirals-recap-highlights-another-close-loss-makes-playoff-climb-harder-ahl

Screenshot_2023_03_25_at_1.20.36_AM.png

The Rocket are only one point out of fifth spot in the division, which is the final playoff spot, but have played three games more than the Cleveland Monsters. Laval, with nine games left, is running out of time to collect points.

Rocket may fall short of playoffs

The Habs are expected to announce they've recalled Primeau tomorrow.  I know they wanted to get him some playing time but I thought they'd have waited a few more games as that will hurt Laval's chances.  Poulin is back now at least.

5-3 for the good guys, with 4 minutes left.

SCORING
1st
4:12 Laval Rocket
Joel Teasdale
Joel Teasdale  ( 22 )

2nd
4:16 Manitoba Moose
Jansen Harkins
Jansen Harkins  ( 21 )
Tyrel Bauer  (5),  Dominic Toninato  (12)

6:52 Laval Rocket
Emil Heineman
Emil Heineman  ( 3 )
Pierrick Dube  (15)

13:35 Laval Rocket
Emil Heineman
Emil Heineman  ( 4 )
Mitchell Stephens  (15),  Pierrick Dube  (16)

15:17 Manitoba Moose
Tyler Boland
Tyler Boland  ( 9 )
Cole Maier  (12),  Dean Stewart  (16)

17:19 Laval Rocket
Pierrick Dube
Pierrick Dube  ( 11 )
Xavier Simoneau  (27),  Lucas Condotta  (11)
( PP )
3rd
11:36 Laval Rocket
Joel Teasdale

12:03 Manitoba Moose
Parker Ford
Parker Ford  ( 1 )

29 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Seems weird to burn a regular recall on a one-game appearance.  At least pretend Montembeault was sick or something to allow for an emergency classification.  The Habs have one regular recall remaining.

I take it giving Primeau another game would require using that remaining recall ... but not certain they would have any intention of making another recall in any event, outside of legit emergency situations arising due to injury/illness ... perhaps Heineman if his good play continues.

Just now, GHT120 said:

I take it giving Primeau another game would require using that remaining recall ... but not certain they would have any intention of making another recall in any event, outside of legit emergency situations arising due to injury/illness ... perhaps Heineman if his good play continues.

They could just keep Primeau with the team until that second game (probably would do it quickly), if they wanted a second game. 

26 minutes ago, Commandant said:

They could just keep Primeau with the team until that second game (probably would do it quickly), if they wanted a second game. 

Was really just seeking clarification of the rule ...  I doubt they need another look Primeau ... maybe they were "showcasing" him as part of a Carter Hart trade (98% kidding).

5 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Was really just seeking clarification of the rule ...  I doubt they need another look Primeau ... maybe they were "showcasing" him as part of a Carter Hart trade (98% kidding).

Yes, bringing him back up would be the 4th recall unless Allen or Montembeault were to be injured/sick.

Heineman 5 games 5 goals, will they now be tempted to give him 1 game with the Habs, or will they leave him alone to help Rocket make playoffs?

7 minutes ago, DON said:

Heineman 5 games 5 goals, will they now be tempted to give him 1 game with the Habs, or will they leave him alone to help Rocket make playoffs?

For now, I think they'll leave him.  If they get mathematically eliminated in the next week or so, I expect he and a few others might get a look and there will be a sizable group of DTD injuries in Montreal to make room for them.

• Like 1

• tomh009 unpinned this topic