2022-23 Laval Rocket Discussion Thread

tomh009

54 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

it will be a long summer for me without a team to cheer for

Realistically it would likely have been a short run anyway. Of course, the Bergevin mantra was that anything can happen … but it’s not all that likely to happen.

Watched the worst parts of the game ... caught GA 2 to 5 ... two were PP, one pre-powerplay 6-on-5 ... but didn't think Primeau looked strong on any of them.

56 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Watched the worst parts of the game ... caught GA 2 to 5 ... two were PP, one pre-powerplay 6-on-5 ... but didn't think Primeau looked strong on any of them.

It certainly wasn't his best game.  That one was definitely winnable, especially with Greaves not being sharp at the other end. 

12 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Realistically it would likely have been a short run anyway. Of course, the Bergevin mantra was that anything can happen … but it’s not all that likely to happen.

I am not so sure about that, I believe that with Ylonen, Harvey-Pinard, Barron and a healthy Belzile the Rocket would have done well.

If Harris would have been papered to the AHL, that would also have been really good for a long playoff run.

That is what I would have done. But of course, no potato head has ever GM'ed a professional Hockey team.

They couldn’t have sent everyone down, though, as they need to have a minimum of 18 healthy skaters in Montreal.

So, yes, with the top prospects, the Rocket should have had a better season, I agree, but with the Habs’ injuries there was no way to leave those players in Laval this season.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

They couldn’t have sent everyone down, though, as they need to have a minimum of 18 healthy skaters in Montreal.

So, yes, with the top prospects, the Rocket should have had a better season, I agree, but with the Habs’ injuries there was no way to leave those players in Laval this season.

threre where a couple of cheap waivers that the Habs could have picked up to finish the season if they wanted to send reinforcements to Laval

I was going to post those names whe they were trickling down but didn’t because .

I’ve lost interest in the Rocket and the Habs this season. 
I only follow this forum because it is the best place to keep updated on what is going on. 

8 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

threre where a couple of cheap waivers that the Habs could have picked up to finish the season if they wanted to send reinforcements to Laval

The Habs have used 48 of the possible 50 contract slots, and I believe they might need one more of those yet for a graduating player. I don't think they want to be in a position where they don't have a contract slot when they need one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am not so sure about that, I believe that with Ylonen, Harvey-Pinard, Barron and a healthy Belzile the Rocket would have done well.

If Harris would have been papered to the AHL, that would also have been really good for a long playoff run.

That is what I would have done. But of course, no potato head has ever GM'ed a professional Hockey team.

You have five players listed there - the maximum is four (as they then have to be brought up using regular recalls) and Montreal would have been out of regular recalls for the rest of the way.  It's also worth noting that their intent was to paper Barron down but he was injured the night before, making him ineligible to go down by league rule.

Harris won't get a long playoff run in with Laval but if he's healthy by the end of the month, there's a very good chance he'll play at the Worlds so there should still be some development for him.  A small silver lining at least.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

You have five players listed there - the maximum is four (as they then have to be brought up using regular recalls) and Montreal would have been out of regular recalls for the rest of the way.  It's also worth noting that their intent was to paper Barron down but he was injured the night before, making him ineligible to go down by league rule.

Harris won't get a long playoff run in with Laval but if he's healthy by the end of the month, there's a very good chance he'll play at the Worlds so there should still be some development for him.  A small silver lining at least.

I don’t get this nonsense of sending Harris down to make Laval better. You send guys down that need it for their development. Of our young D, he is not one that needs time in Laval. Barron, sure? But as you said he is injured. 100% agree with you about the world’s being potentially an option for Harris. Hopefully he gets the call because it is good for HIS development, which will help us in the future.

The point of a minor league team is to help develop players because they are not ready for the NHL. You don’t try and load up the AHL team for a run beciae the NHL team sucks. Why don’t we just send down Suzuki?  Hell we could even send down Gallagher? No risk of losing him on waivers either!

7minutes left still 4-3

Laval Rocket
Jan Mysak

11:49 Laval Rocket
Danick Martel

2nd
0:59 Laval Rocket
Pierrick Dubé

3:33 Laval Rocket
William Trudeau
(PP)

On 4/7/2023 at 1:03 PM, dlbalr said:

Definitely a chance, I wouldn't be as confident as saying it'll happen as people were with Farrell (and Dobes, to an extent).  What's better for him, turn pro now or hope for a bigger role in his senior year?  And if he does do well in his senior year, could that push him to free agency?  I'm in the sign him now camp for that reason but I don't have much of an inkling either way as to what will happen.

Im in the not worth a 50 man contract spot right now and he needs that big senior season before i put him on the books.

• Like 1

Well, someone that we don't know of must be healthy as otherwise, I'm a bit unsure as to how they managed to pull this off.  Primeau/Schueneman are simple as they're emergency guys (and Allen/Harris are technically still 'active') and Farrell's spot on the roster meant one of Ylonen/Harvey-Pinard could go down.  Wonder if they're classifying Dach as healthy now.

11 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I thought you said  "I’ve lost interest in the Rocket and the Habs this season."  Have you changed your mind?  

nope

nest question

Harvey-Pinard/Ylonen both expect to not be recalled for one of the remaining Montreal games.  That's particularly noteworthy since Dach didn't skate today so it's hard to imagine him playing Wednesday/Thursday.  That means someone else would need to come up since Farrell can only cover one of those spots.  (Or there's a college FA signing coming that we don't know about yet.)

It doesn't look like Allen/Harris will be back so Primeau and a defenceman will need to be recalled and miss Wednesday's Laval game.

17 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I thought you said  "I’ve lost interest in the Rocket and the Habs this season."  Have you changed your mind?  

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

nope

nest question

Well .................

On 4/8/2023 at 12:36 PM, alfredoh2009 said:

I’ve lost interest in the Rocket and the Habs this season. 
I only follow this forum because it is the best place to keep updated on what is going on. 

• tomh009 unpinned this topic