2022-23 Laval Rocket Discussion Thread

tomh009

Good article on Rocket players

Laval turnover has started:

38 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Laval turnover has started:

Nothing unexpected ... neither were "big" parts of the team this season ... if I recall, Allard was a "we need help" acquisition, playing in just 5 games, and Leskinen only played 24 games (33 last season) I believe due to injuries ... the Habs have 4 players in Laval on 2-way contracts (Norlinder Trudeau, Fairbrother, Struble) plus Mailloux likely to join for TC ... they also have RFA Beaudin and UFAs Schueneman and Bowey ... and can always make additions (be it 2-way NHL/AHL or AHL contracts) ... I expect Allard and Leskinen saw no room on The Rocket nor much chance of getting a spot elsewhere in the AHL.

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I expect Allard and Leskinen saw no room on The Rocket nor much chance of getting a spot elsewhere in the AHL.

I was a bit surprised to see Allard go overseas.  He's not a full-fledged veteran yet (in terms of pro GP) so he easily would have had offers for the AHL.  Leskinen seemed like a guarantee to go back, I was (pleasantly) surprised they brought him back for this past season.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Yeah there is nothing on that list that I have any interest in using a contract slot on. 

Maybe pass it on to Marc-André Bergeron.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Out of the few RDs on that list, I don't think anyone familiar with those players would actually want one signed to an AHL deal.  Maybe Roger but he wouldn't be cracking Laval's lineup anyway.  It's not a particularly good group of players to choose from. 

There was a second Hab on that list originally as well but he was removed recently, Joe Vrbetic.  I have a piece about Dichow coming later today when his release is official and I dig in a bit in that one as to why Vrbetic is still going to be with the team.

Thanks @dlbalr ! they are all late round picks and I doubted any would be worth much, but it was an interesting list.

Do they go back to the draft? or do they become free agents?

5 hours ago, DON said:

I assume Davidson should be offered a contract and be in Laval this fall?

Along with Kidney, Roy, Mailloux?

Davidson will get an AHL deal and be in Laval, just like Tourigny.  They'll look to follow the same path as Harvey-Pinard and Simoneau by earning an NHL contract after that. 

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Thanks @dlbalr ! they are all late round picks and I doubted any would be worth much, but it was an interesting list.

Do they go back to the draft? or do they become free agents?

If they're draft-eligible still, they're back in the draft (then, if undrafted, UFAs).  If they're too old for the draft, they immediately became free agents.

• tomh009 unpinned this topic