2022-23 Laval Rocket Discussion Thread

tomh009

17 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I love this picture

I hope Hugh-Gort sends the AHLers to Laval early enough this week for them to practice with the Rocket and play from Friday on. 
Laval’s games are meaningful 

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I hope Hugh-Gort sends the AHLers to Laval early enough this week for them to practice with the Rocket and play from Friday on. 
Laval’s games are meaningful 

I believe the Habs currently only have the NHL minimum 18 healthy skaters, including Schueneman on emergency recall ... unless someone becomes healthy enough to play they cannot send anyone down. 

***IF*** Primeau's recall was converted to an emergency recall then they could send someone down Friday morning but they would have use the final recall for Saturday's game in Toronto.

On 4/5/2023 at 11:24 AM, GHT120 said:

***IF*** Primeau's recall was converted to an emergency recall then they could send someone down Friday morning but they would have use the final recall for Saturday's game in Toronto.

This actually did happen, the move was reclassified from regular to emergency so they have one regular recall left.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

three games in four days for the Rocket. I hope the Habs send down some of their playersimage.png

With RHP in the lineup tonight the Habs have one extra forward and currently could send someone down ... of course what are the odds of nobody getting hurt tonight?

7 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Yes

Maybe Suzuki too ... he might get claimed on waivers but THE ROCKET are what is important ... right?

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Primeau and Schueneman get to head back for tonight's must-win game.  By keeping Harris and Allen as 'active' players since they're DTD, they can get away with putting them back down.

Unless Harris and/or Allen can play in Toronto, may I assume they will return on an emergency recall?

Just now, GHT120 said:

Unless Harris and/or Allen can play in Toronto, may I assume they will return on an emergency recall?

Someone will return on emergency recall, it doesn't necessarily have to be the same players.  Well, Primeau would by default (there is no other option) but they could pull a different defenceman up if they wanted.

10 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

oh! Look at that 🤪

Magic *~=== :ph34r:

Magic?  They're following the rules.  Primeau/Schueneman are in different situations than Harvey-Pinard/Ylonen so there are different rules that apply to them.

56 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Magic?  They're following the rules.  Primeau/Schueneman are in different situations than Harvey-Pinard/Ylonen so there are different rules that apply to them.

@tomh009 and @GHT120 were amking fun of me that no one could be sent down

You posted the news that it actually happened. I was having fun with them. No harm intended

23 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

@tomh009 and @GHT120 were amking fun of me that no one could be sent down

You posted the news that it actually happened. I was having fun with them. No harm intended

You were commenting about wanting to see Harvey-Pinard and Ylonen go down.  Their respective situations aren't as simple as emergency recalls where there's a lot more flexibility, especially at this time of year.  Those are the ones that you're advocating for that you're being cautioned can't happen at this point.  One is doable, but both aren't.

15 minutes ago, DON said:

Any chance Tuch will sign and practice with Laval?

Definitely a chance, I wouldn't be as confident as saying it'll happen as people were with Farrell (and Dobes, to an extent).  What's better for him, turn pro now or hope for a bigger role in his senior year?  And if he does do well in his senior year, could that push him to free agency?  I'm in the sign him now camp for that reason but I don't have much of an inkling either way as to what will happen.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

You were commenting about wanting to see Harvey-Pinard and Ylonen go down.  Their respective situations aren't as simple as emergency recalls where there's a lot more flexibility, especially at this time of year.  Those are the ones that you're advocating for that you're being cautioned can't happen at this point.  One is doable, but both aren't.

I wrote the AHLers

Oh well, forum chatter is what it is :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, DON said:

Heineman keeps scoring.

SCORING
1st
9:40 Cleveland Monsters
Cole Sillinger

13:55 Laval Rocket
Emil Heineman

He is on fire.  Great to see. That is a huge game for Laval. 

Les Too little too late for the Rocket, they are not making the playoffs 

it will be a long summer for me without a team to cheer for

• tomh009 unpinned this topic