Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond

Vrana - Copp - Perron

Soderblom - Sundqvist - Rasmussen

Kubalik - Veleno - Erne

Chiarot - Seider

Maatta - Hronek

Hagg - Lindstrom

Husso

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM on TSN2 and RDS.

I guess playing Matheson 30minutes/Pre-game didnt pan out well.

17 NHL games experience between 4 of the 6 d-men, must be one of most inexperienced groups ever.

Coach puts bit of positive spin on it;

"The little silver lining is it’s allowing us to give more touches, more reps to our young D-men. I think when Matheson comes back we’re going to be maybe a little further along with our young D-men than if he was here and eating a lot of ice time. So there’s a silver lining there. "

If Allen plays tonight then Montembeault tomorrow against the Caps?   Certainly don't want Jake playing back-to-back.

Won’t be able to watch this one, so I’m looking forward to the commentary on here to inform, amuse, and edify.

Another win would really put the wind in our sails, eh?

All I really want from this game is for Caufield to score.  I think a strong start over the 1st 10 games could cement him as a 40+ guy this season if he stays healthy; he's got all the talent in the world, it's just mindset that could hold him back.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

If Allen plays tonight then Montembeault tomorrow against the Caps?   Certainly don't want Jake playing back-to-back.

Makes sense to me.  I actually thought he'd start tonight and Allen tomorrow but I guess with a game on Monday as well that should be Allen's, they flipped them so he'll have the extra day between starts.

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

All I really want from this game is for Caufield to score.  I think a strong start over the 1st 10 games could cement him as a 40+ guy this season if he stays healthy; he's got all the talent in the world, it's just mindset that could hold him back.

What?

The guy tore it up and was a beast in the Eastern conference finals and as bad as his rookie season went early on last year, he still managed +20 goals... hes a great kid with a great attitude and will likely become one of the top scorers in this league (like every other league he's ever played in)

I don't think caufield's lack of scoring under ducharme was ever about mindset. 

It was a rigged structure that made caufield go to specific areas of the ice, instead of what St. Louis does which is let his forwards make reads of the defence and go for open ice depending on that read.  This has helped him.

A second thing is that Ducharme only played Caufield and suzuki together 1.5 games last year before splitting up the line and using Caufield on the third and fourth line.  This led to him playing with less talented offensive players and passers.   When he did try them together periodically after that, it never lasted more than 2 games. 

Thirdly, he used caufield on the Right side of the PP, taking away his one timer opportunities.  Which was dumb as shit.... 

So it was a lot of bad coaching there. 

His usage under MSL makes so much more sense and thats where the goals are. 

2 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

I want a shot at that lotterypick buuuut...  I have to hope for more wins. Cant help it.

5-3 habs win. Anderson pots two and Slaf gets his first assist.

Everyone wants the lottery pick this year.  I also think this is the first season in a very long time that the Habs have nothing to lose.  Expectations all around are bottom 3 finish.  Even another last place finish wouldn't be considered a failure, not taking in account the first overall pick.  No pressure on the player to do anything other than keep their spot in the lineup and kids to develop. 

Before this game starts I want to point out something the Habs are doing on the breakout that will burn them eventually, but until it does, it's brilliant.

From the boards they are throwing a little bumper pass to the middle of the zone near the blue line when they feel pressure.  It's great so far because it retains possession and there's always a forward coming up the middle of the ice.  Soon someone is going to start throwing a forward down the middle of the ice to pick off that pass and get a great scoring chance.  Until then, it's a great little breakout pass.

25 shots against after the first.

Nummy nums. 

Allen showing shades of Carey’s 2015 year. 

19 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

At this rate Allen will face 96 shots this game.  Detroit has 16 shots in 10 minutes.

25 in the first period ... good thing he'll have two days off after this one!

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Anyone see what happened to Guhle? 

I went back and watched again. He and Harris had a super short final shift (seconds?) but there was no check and the TV cameras didn't show them returning to the bench, either.

Just give me Caufield and Hoffman on the top of the circles on their strong side, Suzuki in the middle of the slot or on the boards, Dach in front of the net and whatever defenceman you want running it.   Give me that PP, PLEASE!