Oct. 14, Canadiens vs Red Wings, 7 PM

dlbalr

Jake Allen out here trying to change my perception. 

Well, they had a pretty good third period but just couldn't generate much in the way of scoring chances.  Allen had a solid game as did Kovacevic who looks like he could be useful.  With Matheson out for a while, he's going to get a longer leash than expected.

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Good to lose to another bottom feeder as far as tank chasing goes.

I wouldn't put Detroit in that bottom feeder category.  I don't think they're quite good enough to be a playoff team but I expect they'll be hanging around the Wild Card race for a bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Well, they had a pretty good third period but just couldn't generate much in the way of scoring chances.  Allen had a solid game as did Kovacevic who looks like he could be useful.  With Matheson out for a while, he's going to get a longer leash than expected.

Agree on the Allen / Kovacevic

points. Kova has looked decent and much needed.

Liking Harris more in season than did in preseason as well.

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I wouldn't put Detroit in that bottom feeder category.  I don't think they're quite good enough to be a playoff team but I expect they'll be hanging around the Wild Card race for a bit.

yeah they’ve taken a step I believe and if they get decent goaltending they will push for a playoff spot this year.

5 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

Agree on the Allen / Kovacevic

points. Kova has looked decent and much needed.

I keep commenting on how great Harris looks but when he is used on his offside, he doesn’t look so great at times. 

Guhle - Harris might be our #1 D pair in the future and I think they would be great together. 

Kovacevic is an exceptional skater and I’m excited to have him. He uses his size and speed very well and his decision making has been very good. I’d put him strongly ahead of Wideman on the depth chart. 

If both Matheson and Edmundson were in the lineup, I think our D would be decent overall. 

6 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

Harris is on pace for 328 shots this year.:P

Saw Guhle grimacing, hope he isnt banged up already, the kid seems faster than i expected.

Still remember experts questioning Yzerman selecting Seider at pick #6, he looks pretty good, 5 hits 6 shots. Stevie seems like a pretty smart GM.

How many shots will poor Monty see (or stop) vs the Caps?:(

https://www.habsworld.net/2022/10/wings-outskate-habs-in-first-loss-of-season/

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2022/10/14/montreal-canadiens-post-game-notes-allen-guhle-shine-in-shutout-loss-to-detroit/

9 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I keep commenting on how great Harris looks but when he is used on his offside, he doesn’t look so great at times. 

Guhle - Harris might be our #1 D pair in the future and I think they would be great together ...

Which side are you referring to as Harris' offside ... they are both LHD

5 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I thought Harris was a RD that sometimes played LD!

Didn’t he play RD for much of the preseason?

He did ... and played a lot of RD in university but, as I understand it (or have been told), not exclusively ... THAT SAID, while I can see Harris on the right side, as the Habs have RHDs Baron and Mailloux in the pipeline it may not be long-term.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

He did ... and played a lot of RD in university but, as I understand it (or have been told), not exclusively ... THAT SAID, while I can see Harris on the right side, as the Habs have RHDs Baron and Mailloux in the pipeline it may not be long-term.

I guess it’s good to have a versatile player like Harris because we seem to be injured a lot