Oct. 14/15, Belleville vs Laval, 7 PM

dlbalr

5 hours ago, GHT120 said:

May well be, but moot since he was sent to Kitchner on Saturday.

True, I read that thread after. Just saying we don't always know the reasons behind these type of decisions. Sometimes there is more to the story than we know. Our old method of developing players was terrible, I am hoping the new regime is better at it.

1 hour ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

True, I read that thread after. Just saying we don't always know the reasons behind these type of decisions. Sometimes there is more to the story than we know. Our old method of developing players was terrible, I am hoping the new regime is better at it.

I’d the method to develop is to put an 18/19 year old on the 4th line in the AHL, you HAVE to send the kid to juniors if that option is open. If he was Swedish or Finnish, I’d prefer he play in Europe, since most Scandinavian players have tends to benefit with additional development time back home - which is another reason I didn’t get rushing KK.

not  sure if that is the best approach for Slovaks playing in another country - Slafkovsky didn’t seem to be getting much ice time in Finland.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’d the method to develop is to put an 18/19 year old on the 4th line in the AHL, you HAVE to send the kid to juniors if that option is open. If he was Swedish or Finnish, I’d prefer he play in Europe, since most Scandinavian players have tends to benefit with additional development time back home - which is another reason I didn’t get rushing KK.

not  sure if that is the best approach for Slovaks playing in another country - Slafkovsky didn’t seem to be getting much ice time in Finland.

He was 17 years old, playing with men. I would be highly unusual for a kid that young to be getting a lot of ice time in Liiga -- or AHL for that matter,