Allen - 1

Goals
Dowd/Johansson/Mantha/Sheary - 1

Assists
Gustafsson - 2

Wins
Kuemper/Lindgren - 0

If Guhle not playing, Habs will be short their top 3 LH d-men.:(

Anyways, just hope his injury isnt a big set back for his rookie year.

I dont expect Drouin will shine, but he is effective in the offensive zone.

1 hour ago, Habsfan84 said:

Drouin is in for Pitlick tonight as well. Pitlick a healthy scratch. 

Pitlick is in, I guess it is Dadonov who is sitting out?

I was wondering if the Caps tough guy Wilson would be playing but apparently he's recovering from surgery.  It would have been interesting to see if he'd want anything to do with Xhekaj.   

Tough goal for Kovacevic, he seemed to be covering OV right.  Good thing it was called back for being offside.  

5 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Pitlick is in, I guess it is Dadonov who is sitting out?

I was wondering if the Caps tough guy Wilson would be playing but apparently he's recovering from surgery.  It would have been interesting to see if he'd want anything to do with Xhekaj.  

No, Dadonov is in and Pitlick is sitting.

Wilson is out for another month.

Just now, DON said:

Just 3:32 for Arber.

That's not shocking.  He isn't overmatched physically but he is too slow to react; he's overmatched in terms of pace.  That was a problem for him in the preseason a year ago and it still needs some work.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

... he is too slow to react; he's overmatched in terms of pace ...

What time will tell is whether he is physically incapable of keeping up (i.e., speed, agility, quickness) or just needs to adapt "mentally" to the pace (AHL time could be an important bridge.

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

No, Dadonov is in and Pitlick is sitting.

Wilson is out for another month.

Oh, my bad.  I had another window open watching the highlights from the Wings game that I missed.    I definitely saw Pitlick get hit hard into the boards but it must have been the highlight window I was watching.

17 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

What time will tell is whether he is physically incapable of keeping up (i.e., speed, agility, quickness) or just needs to adapt "mentally" to the pace (AHL time could be an important bridge.

I think mentally is the most important. Once he gets his groove and figures out what he can and cannot do at an NHL level, he can lean into his strengths and I still think he could be a solid stay at home defenseman.  Maybe a second coming of Hal “skills” Gil.

Wilson is tough and he's 6'-4" 220lbs and if he was playing he would have been the biggest potential opponent Xhakaj would have faced yet.   The Leafs and Sens definitely know who Xhakaj is but at this point what other teams would be aware of how strong and tough he is?  Wilson would likely be unaware of Xhakaj and wouldn't know that he should fear him.  

7 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Nobody looks awful and nobody looks amazing 

I almost forgot that Allen wasn't playing because the Caps had several decent opportunities with multi chances but didn't score.  Monty has looked decent so far and looks better than he did last year.

Not sure if anyone else caught that, but on the Hoffman slashing penalty, Carlson threw his stick down.  He wouldn’t of lost it from the slash alone, so he sold it.  Should have been an embellishment call, but I wouldn’t expect a ref to catch it, I had to rewind it 3 times.

12 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Not sure if anyone else caught that, but on the Hoffman slashing penalty, Carlson threw his stick down.  He wouldn’t of lost it from the slash alone, so he sold it.  Should have been an embellishment call, but I wouldn’t expect a ref to catch it, I had to rewind it 3 times.

I saw that. Also Hoffman did the one handed flail. Wasn't a slash. Trash call.

42 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Wilson is tough and he's 6'-4" 220lbs and if he was playing he would have been the biggest potential opponent Xhakaj would have faced yet.   The Leafs and Sens definitely know who Xhakaj is but at this point what other teams would be aware of how strong and tough he is?  Wilson would likely be unaware of Xhakaj and wouldn't know that he should fear him.  

What does this have to do with his play?

I haven’t kept up with the rule changes, but isn’t it a penalty for pulling the helmet off of a player?  They have to goto the bench if they lose their helmet, so there must be a penalty associated with pulling the helmet off.

12 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I haven’t kept up with the rule changes, but isn’t it a penalty for pulling the helmet off of a player?  They have to goto the bench if they lose their helmet, so there must be a penalty associated with pulling the helmet off.

I expect it has to do with whether it is deemed an intentional action or part of a "scrum".