October 17 - Montreal vs Pittsburgh - 7:00 pm EST

GHT120

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If someone claimed Dadonov (which won't happen because of the contract), the entire cap hit would be removed.

I thought on a waiver claim, the season of the claim the team who waived the player was on the hook for 50% of the salary and cap?

3 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I thought on a waiver claim, the season of the claim the team who waived the player was on the hook for 50% of the salary and cap?

That used to be the case with re-entry waivers when a team recalled a player from the minors but they got rid of that a long time ago.  If you claim a player, you take on the full contract which is why players clear waivers and then get traded later either with retention or for another player to help offset the costs.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Monty has made a few really nice saves. 

I want some Caufield action - at least two goals

I said that in Monty's last game.  He certainly looks at more confident and has made numerous big saves this year that would have been goals last year.  With the way he has played so far this year might not be as bad as some people hope.

The D seem to be moving the puck well, in fact the whole team is.  At times it almost looks like luck, yet they keep doing it.  

Great that Guhle had a big night and that Kirby Dach scored a massive goal. Those are both key cogs to the rebuild and I want to see them getting their confidence and establishing themselves.

Meanwhile, Suze and CC keep motoring along. Sweet.

• Like 1

Very enjoyable game to watch, kids played well and they were fully deserving of the win. I criticize Drouin a lot but he made a wonderful pass on the tying goal.  Caulfield is simply dynamic, Guhle is a keeper, Nick looked great again and I thought Jordan Harris played with great poise. A lot of positives.

12 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I don't know about you guys but really starting to like MONAHAN

Unless he's like top-10 in points, or wants a reasonable contract, he'll fetch a nice prospect and/or pick at the deadline.

I am glad they won, I forgot that Petry was on the other team and didn't factor that in my prediction: I love being wrong when it means the Habs win.

I love Guhle. Great draft pick by MB and TT.

if Monahan stays healthy he would be a great asset to trade at the deadline. He looks really good and could make a cup contending team better.

Dach had a good game, Anderson and Drouin played well with Kirby

Go Habs Go, one in three is a good pace for the tank...

Lots of positives and another entertaining game.

Kovacevic & Harris had some good moments; but Guhle was all over the fricking ice, very impressive...but would be better if Edmundson&Matheson were dressed also, so he wouldnt be asked to play 24+minutes.

8 shots for Suzuki & 5 for Caufield, love it.

17 hours ago, DON said:

I think he will be and should be sent down; but, in grand scheme of things, a few games more in the NHL with limited minutes is fine.

Too bad Pitlick and Pezzetta aren't playing in place of Hoffman and Drouin. 

I don't see either of those guys making that pass to Cole. Do you?

Are you guys enjoying watching the Calder Cup winner this season? 

1 hour ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Are you guys enjoying watching the Calder Cup winner this season? 

I love watching Guhle play

7 hours ago, DON said:

Lots of positives and another entertaining game.

Kovacevic & Harris had some good moments; but Guhle was all over the fricking ice, very impressive...but would be better if Edmundson&Matheson were dressed also, so he wouldnt be asked to play 24+minutes.

8 shots for Suzuki & 5 for Caufield, love it.

Guhle is a beast! Play him as such against the best of of the best all game long!

His play will dictate what we should be doing with him.  Why lower his minutes when after 4 games hes been the best if not one of the best defenders for both teams each game. Are we saving him for the playoffs already? His minutes will clearly come down by 4 minutes once Math and hopefully Joel return but until then... ride this wave of solid development and confidence boosting....

1 hour ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

And? You mean you would like to see Drouin get a contract extension? He has always been good in offensive zone never in doubt, just rest of his game sucks and why he was being booed earlier in the game by the home fans for ineffective lazy-looking plays.

And yes i can easily see Pitlick making that pass, he seems a smart savvy young player.

25 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Why lower his minutes when after 4 games hes been the best if not one of the best defenders for both teams each game. Are we saving him for the playoffs already? 

Are these rhetorical questions?