October 17 - Montreal vs Pittsburgh - 7:00 pm EST

GHT120

58 minutes ago, DON said:

And? You mean you would like to see Drouin get a contract extension? He has always been good in offensive zone never in doubt, just rest of his game sucks and why he was being booed earlier in the game by the home fans for ineffective lazy-looking plays.

And yes i can easily see Pitlick making that pass, he seems a smart savvy young player.

I'm sooo done watching Drouin give up the puck with a lazy pass to the slot or losing a battle for a loose puck to hold it in the zone on a PP just to see a sublime pass once every 20 games for a goal...

There is only room for one of Drouin or Hoffman. Get Pitlick back in this line up.

12 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I'm sooo done watching Drouin give up the puck with a lazy pass to the slot or losing a battle for a loose puck to hold it in the zone on a PP just to see a sublime pass once every 20 games for a goal...

There is only room for one of Drouin or Hoffman. Get Pitlick back in this line up.

out of the two, I would keep the younger player.

also, Drouin plays  better on the backcheck than Hoffman, it's not event close. But Hoffman has a great shot, I'll give him that.

2 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

You mean, for Drouin, Hoffman, Dadanov, and Armia. All guys who will never live up to to their salaries, or show any kind of consistency. I doubt if they could even know how to spell consistency, or know what honest effort means.

only hope is that at least Drouin and Dadanov show enough by the trade deadline to bring back some assets with 50% reduction. No one is going to take Hoffman with another year left on his contract.

14 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I thought slafkovsky played well tonight. Won a few battles. Seemed to be a good move to play him with Evans?? Ghule and Harris are NHL defenseman. 100%

I think that Guhle is good enough for all of us to at least make an effort to spell his name correctly. 🙂

4 hours ago, DON said:

And? You mean you would like to see Drouin get a contract extension? He has always been good in offensive zone never in doubt, just rest of his game sucks and why he was being booed earlier in the game by the home fans for ineffective lazy-looking plays.

And yes i can easily see Pitlick making that pass, he seems a smart savvy young player.

Just stating what I saw, his pass was a top tier play. Do I want him to get an extension? If he does that pass 30 times this year I might say yes. He was only ever a play maker. If he consistently can be a top level playmaker then he is playing as he should. I never hope for anything but the best out of our players. Cole needs a setup man to pot 50. I wont complain if Drouin becomes that guy. He was pretty good at that in Halifax with McKinnon. Maybe he can find his game, maybe it won't happen. I will be pleased if he does, if not then he won't be extended.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Just stating what I saw, his pass was a top tier play. Do I want him to get an extension? If he does that pass 30 times this year I might say yes. He was only ever a play maker. If he consistently can be a top level playmaker then he is playing as he should. I never hope for anything but the best out of our players. Cole needs a setup man to pot 50. I wont complain if Drouin becomes that guy. He was pretty good at that in Halifax with McKinnon. Maybe he can find his game, maybe it won't happen. I will be pleased if he does, if not then he won't be extended.

I agree with you. Out of the four, Armis is always hurt, Dadonov is a salary dump and will not return, Hoffman has a great shot and not much else, and Drouin has plateau’ed and will start declining soon (if not already)

Out of the four, if Drouin continues to play well, he is the only I would take back until Beck, Roy, Mesar, others are ready

1 hour ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

I’d look pretty good playing with McKinnon.🙄

hell, Nicholls score 70 goals playing with Gretzky and never came close again.

19 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

@GHT120, you know what you need to do...

Thought I'd wait until tomorrow when I might be able to find some line combos.

14 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Thought I'd wait until tomorrow when I might be able to find some line combos.

You're right.  The joys of working seven days a week, it's hard to remember which day is which sometimes...my bad.

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

You're right.  The joys of working seven days a week, it's hard to remember which day is which sometimes...my bad.

Funny ... I'm retired and often have the same problem.

• Like 2