October 20 - Canadiens vs Coyotes - 7 pm EDT

GHT120

No changes for the Habs.

EDIT 1: Gave up on finding Coyotes info.

EDIT 2: Thanks, tomh009

Coyotes are due to get Ingram a game in, would be cool if that is tonight.

Coyotes D seems to be stacking up the points relative to the fw’s, will be interesting to see how Habs deal with this.

Hoping Habs don’t take this game lightly, keep building on some positives. The positives have outweighed the negatives so far imo, would like to see Allen have a relatively quiet night and obv the team W.

Go Habs Go! 

Rooting for a win here and I believe we will pull it out.

4-2 Habs is my prediction but final score aside, a win’s a win. 

:gohabsgo:

• tomh009 changed the title to October 20 - Canadiens vs Coyotes - 7 pm EDT

I’ll be looking at Timmons to see if my opinion based on his stats matches his performance tonight. I had him in my shortlist of trade targets , maybe for the CGY first and a young D prospect that doesn’t seem to have a spot in the Habs future roster 

I also will be checking Dach’s line hoping they perform well and Monahan’s performance on the top line

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

It's a four-point game in the Bid for Bedard! 😂

It ain't happening... we didn't even deserve last years first relative to all the issues we had during the season rather then us being just a terrible team.

If you want Bedard then your hoping for our kids to be terrible. (Most notably Suzuki and Caufield)

That just isn't going to happen....

Guhles a keeper for real!!!

I certainly want them to win tonight and its too early in the season to tell for sure but I hope a victory will be a spoiler on how they do this season.  i.e. its game 5, if they win they'll be a .600 team and if they lose they're a .400 team.  

16 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I certainly want them to win tonight and its too early in the season to tell for sure but I hope a victory will be a spoiler on how they do this season.  i.e. its game 5, if they win they'll be a .600 team and if they lose they're a .400 team.  

5 games is too small a sample size to show any useful trend ... I would suggest 15-20 games are needed.

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

5 games is too small a sample size to show any useful trend ... I would suggest 15-20 games are needed.

Yes, and thats why I said its too early to tell for sure, but its a good indicator; expecially when they're playing 4 rookie dmen, and a rookie forward, plus have 3 new guys on the team.   For lack of abetter term, the current level of team emulsification will hold.  They should get even stronger as they play more games together.

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

What a start🎉

Monahan is going to get us another first 🎉

All depends on his health
🤞

9 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

American Thanksgiving is usually the earliest date where teams start making decisions according to their standings.  Typically it's a good indication of where a team will finish in the season.  It's not perfect, or a sure thing, but a strong indication. 

Two nights in Montreal can take its toll on a good team ... let alone the Yotes.

10 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Xhekaj absolutely beat the ever living snot out of Kassian. 

D'oh, I missed it.

On 10/15/2022 at 9:07 PM, DON said:

What does this have to do with his play?

A: everything. 🙄

4 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

It’s fun to watch us dominate. 

Drouin and Dach and Anderson seem to have some chemistry. 

Arber Xhekaj destroys Kassian.  Be afraid AHL because you will see him when Matheson or Edmundson gets back. 

Slafkovsky to Laval 

The domination is certainly a great indication because they really haven't played together enough to be playing as good as they are.  In time, it can be assumed that they will get even better.  

I knew it made sense to have swapped Anderson with Moneyhands.  

The funny thing is that I almost don't want Matheson to return because that could mess things up.  I'd consider benching Wideman or sitting Kovacevic (who has actually looked decent too) before sending Xhekaj down.

Oh no, Xhekaj just hit Gally in the leg with a slapper, hopefully he didn't break his leg.  We still haven't seen Xhekaj shoot much.  He had a nice wrist shot goal vs Sens in pre-season, and that was a decent slapper he just did.  

8 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

The domination is certainly a great indication because they really haven't played together enough to be playing as good as they are.  In time, it can be assumed that they will get even better.  

I knew it made sense to have swapped Anderson with Moneyhands.  

The funny thing is that I almost don't want Matheson to return because that could mess things up.  I'd consider benching Wideman or sitting Kovacevic (who has actually looked decent too) before sending Xhekaj down.

Oh no, Xhekaj just hit Gally in the leg with a slapper, hopefully he didn't break his leg.  We still haven't seen Xhekaj shoot much.  He had a nice wrist shot goal vs Sens in pre-season, and that was a decent slapper he just did.  

I think Xhekaj struggles with pace a bit. 

Wideman is serviceable and not a detriment but yeah he is super one dimensional. 

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

Slafkovsky's first!

I jumped and screamed 🎉

Happy for the big Slaf

4 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Slafkovsky's first!

D'oh, I didn't get to see it.  The damn feed I'm watching started to glitch right as he shot but I knew it went in because I heard the buzzer go off before it totally froze.

Awesome, congrats to Slaf!!  

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I’ll be looking at Timmons to see if my opinion based on his stats matches his performance tonight. I had him in my shortlist of trade targets , maybe for the CGY first and a young D prospect that doesn’t seem to have a spot in the Habs future roster

He's out with an upper-body injury.

• Upvote 1