October 27, 2022 - Canadiens at Sabres 19h00 EST

alfredoh2009

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Interesting Montembeault is getting the start tonight.  Looks like MSL is really trying to manage Allen’s minutes, or did I miss something?

Most people believe that Allen will play better when he doesn't have to do too many starts. And, since winning is not the priority this year, taking the risk with Montembeault is reasonably.

St-Louis may also simply want to see more of Montembeault, to be able to make better decisions about when to start him in the future. Two games is a very small sample.

10 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Hoffman getting first line duties?!!?

Well I get my Monahan, Dach reunion at least. 

yes you do. I replied to you that I didn't want that... it seems you are more in-tune with Marty than me 👍

58 minutes ago, Neech said:

Clearing the way for Slaf when he gets back.

Slafkovsky won't be going anywhere near the top line anytime soon.  They're deliberately limiting his minutes, that's not going to change right away.  The only way he's on the front line is in Laval (and even then it's not a guarantee).

• Like 1

How will they match up with another young team.

Will Hoffman score or just be a boat-anchor on that line? Jesus i hate watching his lack of give a f**K, till he gets into opposing zone.

1st line only had 3 shots last game, so switch might not hurt any. 

Joel Armia, Michael Pezzetta, Juraj Slafkovsky, and Joel Edmundson were the extras. Only Edmundson was sporting a no-contact jersey.

:1gohabs:

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

yes you do. I replied to you that I didn't want that... it seems you are more in-tune with Marty than me 👍

I had envisioned Anderson going back up to the first line but maybe the Habs are showcasing Hoffman? 

Likely this is just Marty trying to get Suzuki line going but I hope Hoffman understands that he must play defence in this role

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I had envisioned Anderson going back up to the first line but maybe the Habs are showcasing Hoffman? 

Likely this is just Marty trying to get Suzuki line going but I hope Hoffman understands that he must play defence in this role

I tho k it is more a case of sheltering Dach on face offs 

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I had envisioned Anderson going back up to the first line but maybe the Habs are showcasing Hoffman? ...

THAT is an ongoing effort ... not a single game.

Nice pinball goal for Gallagher ... but sometimes it is better lucky than good.

33 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Montembeault has been a bit shaky when it comes to puck control but he has been sharp tonight.

Puck control is not his strength but as long as he keeps the puck out of the net ...