November 1, 2022 - Canadiens at Wild @20h00 EST

alfredoh2009

4 minutes ago, DON said:

Marty not loving the press as much today.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-canadiens-numbers-game-points-to-departure-for-dadonov

When head coach Martin St. Louis was asked a few questions about Dadonov after Monday’s practice, he lost his patience with reporters for the first time since taking over the team in February.

“Listen, boys, he wasn’t on the ice today,” St. Louis said. “Chantal told you (why). So stop.”

When asked if something had happened to Dadonov between Saturday and Monday that prevented him from practising, St. Louis said: “I don’t know. He wasn’t ready to practise today.

I think Dadanov believes he should be playing regardless of how bad he is performing.  I also think this could be a situation where the player is holding out on the team in protest.  The problem with my theory is nobody in the NHL will have him so his only really option is to go to the KHL.  I don't have any source of information to back up this claim, just a gut feeling. 

5 minutes ago, DON said:

Marty not loving the press as much today.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-canadiens-numbers-game-points-to-departure-for-dadonov

When head coach Martin St. Louis was asked a few questions about Dadonov after Monday’s practice, he lost his patience with reporters for the first time since taking over the team in February.

“Listen, boys, he wasn’t on the ice today,” St. Louis said. “Chantal told you (why). So stop.”

When asked if something had happened to Dadonov between Saturday and Monday that prevented him from practising, St. Louis said: “I don’t know. He wasn’t ready to practise today.

Montreal media having a field day ... bad flu/cold ... Dadonov went to Hughes to complain about ice-time and MSL is punishing him ... he wants to go back to Russia.

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I think Dadanov believes he should be playing regardless of how bad he is performing.  I also think this could be a situation where the player is holding out on the team in protest.  The problem with my theory is nobody in the NHL will have him so his only really option is to go to the KHL.  I don't have any source of information to back up this claim, just a gut feeling. 

Does the KHL honor NHL contracts anymore?

Doubt Habs would ever "assign/transfer" him.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Montreal media having a field day ... bad flu/cold ... Dadonov went to Hughes to complain about ice-time and MSL is punishing him ... he wants to go back to Russia.

So much for getting a pick at the deadline for him, although things can change. 

7 hours ago, DON said:

Wonder, has Slafkovsky been practicing on the PP unit?

Everyone will be happy to know that I saw a clip of him in a practice jersey working on doing 1 timers from the top of the circle.  

5 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I hope Dach gels with Suzuki and Caufield. 

I kinda hope that he doesn't.  I worry that if Dach does gel and gets 60 pts he will likely think he's worth 9+ mil/yr.   

The Dadonov situation is somewhat concerning.  Is he going to be the next Frolik?  i.e. "the Habs ruined my NHL career".  Wideman might be able to say that too.    

14 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

So much for getting a pick at the deadline for him, although things can change. 

That would always have been a bonus ... taking him was the cost for moving out Weber's contract ... but one can always hope.

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

...  I worry that if Dach does gel and gets 60 pts he will likely think he's worth 9+ mil/yr. ...

Well ... that wouldn't be a problem until July 1, 2026

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I am liking Dach on the line with Suzuki and Caufield. 

They look dangerous. 

What a great period, even though we kept giving the puck away through bad passes. 

Flip Armia and Slafkovsky. 

If Harris can figure out how to score some goals then he would be a very well paid player. The guy does so much right

I have the postgame tonight - I think that was the fewest notes I've ever taken for a period.  There was a whole lot of nothing in terms of dangerous chances from the Habs and most of Minnesota's went wide.  A strong road period nonetheless but just not much to write about.

4 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Well ... that wouldn't be a problem until July 1, 2026

Why 2026?  Isn't Dach signed for 3 years?  i.e. 2022, 2023, & 2024?  It's be 2025 when he needs a new contract.    

Either way, my point is Monahan got 60-80 pts and makes under 6.5 mil and if Dach does similar they could keep him on that line and he will want as much as Cole will be getting.  It could work out very well, but financially I think its a bad idea because Dach isnt as good a Suzuki or Cole but will want the same amount of money.  

20 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

The Dadonov situation is somewhat concerning.  Is he going to be the next Frolik?  i.e. "the Habs ruined my NHL career".  Wideman might be able to say that too.    

I don't think Wideman will be able to say that.  The Habs saved his NHL career by giving him another chance after he washed out the first time (going to the KHL) and then gave him a two-year, one-way contract.  Wideman doesn't have much to complain about as a result.

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

Why 2026?  Isn't Dach signed for 3 years?  i.e. 2022, 2023, & 2024?  It's be 2025 when he needs a new contract.   

He's in the first season of a four-year deal.  It's 2026 that he'll be an RFA with arbitration rights.

26 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I have the postgame tonight - I think that was the fewest notes I've ever taken for a period.  There was a whole lot of nothing in terms of dangerous chances from the Habs and most of Minnesota's went wide.  A strong road period nonetheless but just not much to write about.

Well, they are certainly addressing this shortcoming and giving you things to write about!

20 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... Either way, my point is Monahan got 60-80 pts and makes under 6.5 mil and if Dach does similar they could keep him on that line and he will want as much as Cole will be getting.  It could work out very well, but financially I think its a bad idea because Dach isnt as good a Suzuki or Cole but will want the same amount of money.  

I am not certain that 60-80 points will warrant the same as what Caufield ends up getting ... unless he is close to the same number of goals ... "red lights" get the "green" ... and I don't know that we should ever be hoping for less production just to lower future contract value.

Armia makes a nice play and then takes a STUPID penalty ... sigh

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

Armia makes a nice play and then takes a STUPID penalty ... sigh

He was skating across but I don't think there was any space between the blue ice and the Minnesota D-man. Personally, and I'm a (beer league) goalie, I don't like the NHL goalie interference rule. In this case MAF effectively tripped Armia but it's a penalty to the Habs. Ah well, it is the rule ...

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

He was skating across but I don't think there was any space between the blue ice and the Minnesota D-man. Personally, and I'm a (beer league) goalie, I don't like the NHL goalie interference rule. In this case MAF effectively tripped Armia but it's a penalty to the Habs. Ah well, it is the rule ...

I hated the "toe in the crease" era but have no issue with a penalty when a player just skates into the crease and runs into the goalie ... for goalie safety (IMO) if there is not a clear path then the onus is on the player to stop ... not certain that the danger posed by beer league opponents comes anywhere near what NHL players can do to a goalie.