GAME#12 Habs vs Vegas 7pm November 5 2022

DON

• DON changed the title to GAME#12 Habs vs Vegas 7pm November 5 2022
3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

A pretty close period all in all.  I'll take that.  It'd be nice to see some other line score soon though, they can't rely on that top trio this much.

They had decent zone entries and good possession in the first half, but Vegas kept their shots to the outside. That 1-0 goal really opened up the play in the second half, and the Habs got more dangerous as well.

Just now, tomh009 said:

Did anyone see what happened to Dvorak? I think he missed the middle 10 minutes of the period -- was he shaken up by one of his shot blocks?

A puck hit him in the head.  I think it was a dump in and not a shot though 

• Upvote 1

Dare I say it ... Hoffman was looking good in the 1st.

I've seen numerous Habs do that slap flick pass that Marty showed them in practice earlier in the week, but 1 of them worked out bad.  Marty forgot to tell them that when they are in the other teams zone and out by the blue line it isn't the time to try that pass.      

12 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Hoffman with PK duty…?

Yeah, I did a bit of a double take there as well.  I guess they're trying with him what they were doing with Dadonov earlier - see if they can get him thinking a bit more defensively while if he does okay, it could help his value a bit.  (So would scoring but if he could kill penalties, his value would go up.)

So, the Josh Anderson hit should beckon an interesting reaction from the NHL, it won't because they don't make rules to follow them. 

He did hit Pietrangelo from behind, so a penalty major or minor is completely deserved, they gave him 5 and a game, again, deserved.  No suspension because player safety values injuries over actual acts. 

Now, the interesting part, Pietrangelo jumps up, tosses off his gloves and punches Anderson at least twice.  For one, that's a fighting major, or roughing for 2 at the bare minimum, which is what he did get.  On top of that, there was a rule change about unwilling participants in fights getting a suspension.  Anderson was clearly unwilling, so Pietrangelo should be suspended.

20 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Now, the interesting part, Pietrangelo jumps up, tosses off his gloves and punches Anderson at least twice.  For one, that's a fighting major, or roughing for 2 at the bare minimum, which is what he did get.  On top of that, there was a rule change about unwilling participants in fights getting a suspension.  Anderson was clearly unwilling, so Pietrangelo should be suspended.

But it wasn't called as fighting so it won't be subject to that rule; the league can't go back and change the call from roughing to fighting to then apply the rule.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

But it wasn't called as fighting so it won't be subject to that rule; the league can't go back and change the call from roughing to fighting to then apply the rule.

It was not called as fighting because ... Anderson didn't fight back? It boggles the mind.