Jump to content

Nov. 9, Canucks vs Habs, 7:30 PM


dlbalr
 Share

Recommended Posts

2084_vancouver_canucks-primary-2020.png

 

Pearson - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Mikheyev

Podkolzin - Horvat - Garland

Joshua - Aman - Studnicka

 

Ekman-Larsson - Myers

Hughes - Schenn

Rathbone - Bear

 

Demko

 

montreal_canadiens_logo_primary_20001687

 

 

Caufield - Suzuki - Dach

Dadonov - Monahan - Drouin

Hoffman - Dvorak - Gallagher

Slafkovsky* - Evans - Armia

 

*-pending the outcome of his disciplinary hearing

 

Guhle - Savard

Edmundson - Xhekaj

Harris - Kovacevic

 

Montembeault

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Canuckleheads are a team with more organizational drama as any past edition of the Habs I can think of - if you can believe that. President Jim Rutherford has been throwing his coach under the bus in public over and over - most recently two days ago in a highly-publicized interview where he lamented the lack of structure, indicated he was close to giving up on the season, and said he was happy Bo Horvat was scoring up a storm because it increases his trade value (!!!). He also noted that, when he took the job, he had not been informed that Boudreau had the option of an extra year on his contract. What a gong show. I don't know that I've ever heard a senior manager air organizational dirty laundry so freely. And I remain perplexed as to what his goals were in doing so. Just weird. 

 

I have great fun following the Canucks here in Van. When you really don't give a crap about the team, the drama can be very amusing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isnt the owner accused of beating his kids or something kooky like that also?

 

Got a feeling this will be a sloppy game and just hope lots of goals are scored (sorry Monty).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The Canuckleheads are a team with more organizational drama as any past edition of the Habs I can think of - if you can believe that. President Jim Rutherford has been throwing his coach under the bus in public over and over - most recently two days ago in a highly-publicized interview where he lamented the lack of structure, indicated he was close to giving up on the season, and said he was happy Bo Horvat was scoring up a storm because it increases his trade value (!!!). He also noted that, when he took the job, he had not been informed that Boudreau had the option of an extra year on his contract. What a gong show. I don't know that I've ever heard a senior manager air organizational dirty laundry so freely. And I remain perplexed as to what his goals were in doing so. Just weird. 

 

I have great fun following the Canucks here in Van. When you really don't give a crap about the team, the drama can be very amusing.

 

It's a head shaker what is going on there, not a good situation when the GM throws the coach under the bus. You would think Rutherford has been around long enough to know better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

It's a head shaker what is going on there, not a good situation when the GM throws the coach under the bus. You would think Rutherford has been around long enough to know better.

If he's throwing the coach under the bus, he is also on the hot seat.  Common trend in NHL management is throw the person below you under the bus to try to save your job. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

If he's throwing the coach under the bus, he is also on the hot seat.  Common trend in NHL management is throw the person below you under the bus to try to save your job. 

 

I don't think Rutherford is at any risk of losing his job.  He (and Allvin) inherited Boudreau as the owner hired the coach before the GM for some reason.  Boudreau's deal is up at the end of the season and I don't think too many expected him to have the job beyond that anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That wishbone penalty kill is garbage.  When Montreal was using it they couldn't keep a goal out of the net on the PK.  Vancouver is using it now, and Montreal scored on them.  The box or diamond is far superior, I'm not sure why any team would use the wishbone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

It's a head shaker what is going on there, not a good situation when the GM throws the coach under the bus. You would think Rutherford has been around long enough to know better.

If I had to chose between Rutherford and horvat, Rutherford oupd be fired before you could complete the question. Canucks Mgmt is pretty Fxck up, which is unfortunate because they have some good young players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm, I'm confused if its a good start by the Habs or terrible start by the Nucks. 

 

I'm glad Monahan didnt touch WiFi's shot. 

 

Did Dach really take a shot or did he lose the puck and it went through the goalies 5 hole? 

 

Hoffman offside by a country mile on that 1 play, and later on he moved away from mid ice instead of moving towards the Nuck being chased out at the blue line in the Habs end.  No clue why he gave the guy room to stay in the Habs zone. 

 

Nice play by WiFi at the blue line to keep the puck in Nucks zone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

That was fun...hell of a start.  Hope 22 buries a goal or two before this game is out.


Hell yes

 

Im loving that line and I’m impressed with Suzuki and Caufield especially. 
 

I can see Pezzetta being waived to make room for Matheson. 
 

Hoffman kind of fits with Gallagher, Dvorak. 
 

Dadonov is not good at anything. 
 

Guhle is a Norris candidate in 3 years. He is great at everything. 
 

I want more goals and assists for Suzuki, Caufield, Dach

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

So with Demko playing so badly, wouldn't it be a good idea to kick tires on acquiring him?  Not right at this moment, but maybe later the season. 

To help us in the Bedard sweepstakes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

I meant more as a future number 1.  He's shown he has the potential, and I realize he won't be cheap.

I don't really see that. He has a single season with more than 35 games, and his save percentage is not appreciably better than Allen's. Was that worth a 5x5 contract, based on a single season with a .915 average of 64 games? I'm not really convinced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm loving those quick lil slap passes they keep doing.  The other week I saw a practice clip where Marty was showing them that.  I've seen that pass quite a few times by numerous of them since I saw that clip. 

 

Dadonov haters, did you see that?  Nice move by him, and drew a penalty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...