Guhle - Savard

Edmundson - Xhekaj

Harris - Kovacevic

Allen

• Upvote 2

Line-up confirmation from Habs

22 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We could use a bit of a losing streak!

Still, I hope we continue to play so well and the Suzuki line needs at least six points tonight 

*** I *** agree, but you are sticking your chin out when you say that.

21 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Too bad we no longer have two Pitlicks on the club. I was hoping they’d have big games against the Penguins so we could see the headline PITLICKS LICK PITTS. Oh well.

If we had one it could still be PITLICK LICKS PITTS if he had a good game.

19 minutes ago, DON said:

Xhekaj.

I’d pull Kovacevic myself, but I have no idea what the advanced stats say about these guys. Wifi just seems to be blossoming too energetically to yank him, even if, objectively speaking, he’s no better than a bottom-pairing player.

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’d pull Kovacevic myself, but I have no idea what the advanced stats say about these guys. Wifi just seems to be blossoming too energetically to yank him, even if, objectively speaking, he’s no better than a bottom-pairing player.

Kovacevic needs waivers, is RH d-man and wont clear. Xhekaj dosent and has struggled the most of the 3 young waiver exempt d-men. 

(I think Kovaavcvic has best underlying stats)

I think Arber is going to stay here as I think his teammates love what he brings to the team. He is developing here. I worry that if he goes to the AHL that every wannabe tough guy down there will want to challenge him. Not sure that is good for his development. 

I guess Jarry - good name for a guy playing in Montreal - was screened on that, but yeesh. Loose wrist shot from the blueline and we’re up.

EDIT: Galley is positively gushing about the Habs’ D. I know it’s a good story but I prefer when analysts aren’t just repeating what the fans are saying.

36 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think Arber is going to stay here as I think his teammates love what he brings to the team. He is developing here. I worry that if he goes to the AHL that every wannabe tough guy down there will want to challenge him. Not sure that is good for his development. 

Perhaps it would help him refine his decision making as to how to pick and choose when to drop the gloves

What a weird play at the end there!

Just a superb period by the Habs, holding the Pens to 4 shots. Dach looks great and Dandonov had a strong period as well, I thought. 

6 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Mark the date on your calendar, Drouin made a good defensive play.  It's as rare as a goalie scoring a goal.

I thought that Drouin put together a few really solid games but alas he has put together a couple of mediocre games in a row now. 

I would sit Dadonov or Drouin when Slafkovsky returns. 

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

What a weird play at the end there!

Just a superb period by the Habs, holding the Pens to 4 shots. Dach looks great and Dandonov had a strong period as well, I thought. 

I was sad to see Romanov be traded but wow Dach has changed my mind. 

The guy has speed and skill l

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That was a surprisingly defensive period for both teams, neither of which are known for playing defensively.  What gives?

I've been pleasantly surprised with Montreal's defense this season.  I guess it shows how good the defensive prospect pool really is.