Nov. 12, Penguins vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

We’re trailing after two lucky Pens goals, but damn - has this team played a boring game all season? Lots of excitement out there. The Suzuki line alone is full value, entertainment wise.

15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

We’re trailing after two lucky Pens goals, but damn - has this team played a boring game all season? Lots of excitement out there. The Suzuki line alone is full value, entertainment wise.

I said the same to my wife the other day.  There's a big difference between losing while being boring, like last year, and losing while being entertaining.  I would much rather 0-82 on 6-4 games than 30-52 on 4-2/1 games.

35 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Agree, they have been fun to watch. The effort is always there. 

17 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agree, they have been fun to watch. The effort is always there. 

Effort but also creativity and talent, allowed to express itself. Just look at the confidence and skill in that tying goal.

This team may not be the most skilled, but it’s a very *dynamic* group.

Habs deserved a regulation win tonight. They have been simply the better team. I don’t think Pitts was “up” for this one.

Massively enjoyable tilt, though, and OT should just add to the chaos. 

2 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Best regular season game I’ve seen in years. 

And honestly Nick might be the best (non goalie) player this team has seen since Lafleur. 

Unquestionably our best young FW since Koivu came up - that’s for sure. 

Games like this make me glad I’m a hockey fan. Just tremendous entertainment, and the deserving team won.

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Unquestionably our best young FW since Koivu came up - that’s for sure. 

Games like this make me glad I’m a hockey fan. Just tremendous entertainment, and the deserving team won.

His most impressive play during the game was in OT. 

Watch how he breaks out from behind Allen and how he out-positions Crosby.  He made him look silly. 

Just like that, they're back in the bubble again!!  Take that tankists!!   :1banana:

That was a great game.

Dach is looking really good, especially on the 1st line.  I still say his next contract will be a big problem, but they'll get at least 4 years out of him.  

Hoffman is now at least worth a 2nd hand Zamboni.  

Good game for our core, and good game for our deadline rentals. Did we pick up a first-liner for Romanov and sign him to a sweetheart 4-year deal? Signs are pointing to yes. Drouin and Hoffman look like they have a bit of life left in them, and maybe they'll find a taker. Monahan will get us a first and a prospect at the deadline.

It's kind of fun during a tank to root for a goal in both offensive zones. I was genuinely happy when both teams scored, and if we get more games like this with average goaltending we'll be back in decent draft position eventually.

5 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That was so much fun!!  Dach looks just terrific. Great hands, playing with great poise and confidence.  Only 21. Thank you Chicago!

He is making the Romanov for Dach three way look really good right now! Let’s hope Suzuki, Caufield, and Dach continue to progress up front and Guhle, Harris, and wifi on the backend. I’m not even including Slafkovsky since he’s still got a way to go, but I can’t remember so many young players to get excited about since 85’ and 86’!

if some of our young prospects also take a big step forward next year, we can be a playoff team earlier than expected.

this Mgmt team and St Louis have done a better job in bringing young players along in less than a year, than MB and his coaches did in 10 years!

• Upvote 1