Haula - Hughes - Bratt

Sharangovich - Mercer - Boqvist

Wood - McLeod - Bastian

Siegenthaler - Hamilton

Graves - Marino

Smith - Severson

Vanecek

montreal_canadiens_logo_primary_20001687

I'm guessing where Slafkovsky will slot in, these lines aren't official.

Caufield - Suzuki - Dach

Hoffman - Dvorak - Gallagher

Dadonov - Monahan - Anderson

Slafkovsky - Evans - Pezzetta

Guhle - Savard

Edmundson - Xhekaj

Harris - Kovacevic

Allen

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

No Armia or Drouin tonight due to upper-body injuries.  Slafkovsky and Pezzetta (I presume though they could go 7 D) will be in.

Armia and Drouin are not playing well. If they are genuinely injured, that may explain it. It is hurting any trade value they may still have :(

14 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Armia and Drouin are not playing well. If they are genuinely injured, that may explain it. It is hurting any trade value they may still have :(

My expectations for trading Armia and Drouin were very low to begin with especially with Armia having 2 years left on his contract.  I think Drouin is perceived as soft by other GM's so he is not likely valued by a team hoping to go  on a playoff run.  

22 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Given how lousy contract, Armia probably wont be tradeable for another two years. Drouin will probably be moved. The question is will he bring a 2nd rounder or a 4th. I don’t see any hope of a Taffoli type of return. Drouin is a dog, who may have a hood playoff with someone, but I don’t see us getting anything higher than a 3rd/4th rounder anymore. Everytime I see Sergechev, I curse MB.

Drouin will either be traded or leave as an UFA, this is his last season as a a Hab. I am hoping Armia nets an interesting return like Lehkonen who was a 4th liner for most of his career in MTL

13 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

My expectations for trading Armia and Drouin were very low to begin with especially with Armia having 2 years left on his contract.  I think Drouin is perceived as soft by other GM's so he is not likely valued by a team hoping to go  on a playoff run.  

I have an ida of a trade for Armia, I'll post it on the trade thread

6 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Given how lousy contract, Armia probably wont be tradeable for another two years. Drouin will probably be moved. The question is will he bring a 2nd rounder or a 4th. I don’t see any hope of a Taffoli type of return. Drouin is a dog, who may have a hood playoff with someone, but I don’t see us getting anything higher than a 3rd/4th rounder anymore. Everytime I see Sergechev, I curse MB.

Drouin is soft as Hoffman but without the shot. Can distribute the puck like Wideman but cannot defend in any capacity. He cannot engage physically like Lehkonen did with the Habs.

Of late, reminds me of Poehling without the faceoff %

43 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I agree Armia is here to stay for at least another season.  The only way he is tradable is if Montreal retains salary.  Only salary they should be retaining is of Drouin, Dadanov and Monahan.  All 3 are on expiring deals and the Habs can only retain 3 salaries at a time, so it will make them borderline free cap-wise at the deadline for cap-strapped teams.  This should maximize their returns.

I will also add I don't think Dadanov is going to be traded as he hasn't shown any value thus far.  Drouin is showing very little, but I think some team would take a chance on him on an expiring contract for a bottom-6 role to add a little offense. 

59 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Because we already went through the McDonagh fiasco, Sergachev just doesn't hurt me as bad.

We would have made multiple finals with Subban/McDonagh on the top pair and Markov on the second. If we kept Sergachev, then Bergy would probably still be around and we wouldn't have this exciting new organizational direction. Besides, I think he's a bit overrated and sheltered playing on a loaded D-corps. 

Devils won 9 in a row, due to lose one.

Maybe "powder'(expo)-blue will be lucky colour?

The Canadiens will be sporting their Reverse Retro jerseys for the first time tonight. The jersey draws inspiration from the team's success and its city's style in the late 197

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/pregame-devils-canadiens-what-you-need-to-know/c-337554172

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Drouin will either be traded or leave as an UFA, this is his last season as a a Hab. I am hoping Armia nets an interesting return like Lehkonen who was a 4th liner for most of his career in MTL

I have an ida of a trade for Armia, I'll post it on the trade thread

Drouin is soft as Hoffman but without the shot. Can distribute the puck like Wideman but cannot defend in any capacity. He cannot engage physically like Lehkonen did with the Habs.

Of late, reminds me of Poehling without the faceoff %

Armia is untradeable, unless the deal involves an equally bad or worse contract. I never liked Darche. Given salary differences, Darche is starting to look good.

i was never a fan of Weise - especially how he was used in offensive situations  by MT. Best thing about Weise was that he was part of package that brought Danault. Compared to Armia, Weise IS a Danish Gretzky.

I think Milbury will have to become a GM again for us to get anything of value for Armia until the final year of his contract.

Not a fashion critic, but dont like the colour, makes me think of Finland/Leafs. 

Another entertaining period.

But, 0 shots for Caufield...BOOoo!

7:05 icetime for #72, most on Habs.