GAME#19 Habs vs Sabres 7:00pm November 22 2022

DON

image.png

Harris Wideman will play-72-26 will sit.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2022/11/22/23470895/canadiens-vs-sabres-game-preview-start-time-tale-of-the-tape-and-how-to-watch-tv-listings

Tale of the Tape

Canadiens Statistics Sabres
9-8-1 Record 7-11-0
45.8 (25th) Scoring-chances-for % 52.3 (8th)
3.06 (19th) Goals per game 3.44 (9th)
3.50 (26th) Goals against per game 3.67 (29th)
18.0% (27th) PP% 23.3% (10th)
81.4% (8th) PK% 70.2% (29th)
1-0-0 H2H Record 0-0-1

Tuesday, November 22
Morning skate
LW C RW
22 - Cole Caufield 14 - Nick Suzuki 77 - Kirby Dach
20 - Juraj Slafkovsky 28 - Christian Dvorak 11 - Brendan Gallagher
63 - Evgenii Dadonov 91 - Sean Monahan 17 - Josh Anderson
55 - Michael Pezzetta 71 - Jake Evans 40 - Joel Armia
LD RD G
21 - Kaiden Guhle 58 - David Savard 34 - Jake Allen
8 - Mike Matheson 44 - Joel Edmundson 35 - Sam Montembeault
54 - Jordan Harris 6 - Chris Wideman  
72 - Arber Xhekaj 26 - Johnathan Kovacevic

The MYSTERY is ... who is #1?  ... Anaheim? ... Arizona? ... Boston? ... Calgary? ... Carolina?

Click on the Tweet to see the full list (except #)

34 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Considering its in alphabetical order its another Anaheim scout.

YUP ... I did the list off what I could see in the post ... It must be Anaheim ... "hot to trot for" ???????

Jost claimed off waivers a couple of days ago, with something to prove.

Wideman sat for 6 games, wants to prove something.

The fight makes some sense in that context.

Then the 8th best PK takes a hit :(

Wow, that was odd.  I had trouble getting the feed to work, so I missed the 1st 4 mins and there was already 4 goals scored.  I rewound it to the start and was shocked that the Habs were down by 2 within the 1st min of the game (scored 15 seconds apart)  and down by 3 within 3 mins.    

Well, the Sabers didnt score 4 by 4 mins, thats a good sign.  I'm surprised that the fans didn't start to mockingly cheer when Allen made a save.  

Seriously, am I still the only 1 that wants to see the full Monty?  Ironically, Marty likes to pull the goalie early, so when would now be a good time to pull Allen?

Way to score Goal Caufield.  

14 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Seriously, am I still the only 1 that wants to see the full Monty?  Ironically, Marty likes to pull the goalie early, so when would now be a good time to pull Allen?

The Habs play tomorrow on the road - Montembeault is getting that game.  They won't want him playing back-to-back so the options were either put Montembeault in cold then and start Allen tomorrow or stick with the plan.

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The Habs play tomorrow on the road - Montembeault is getting that game.  They won't want him playing back-to-back so the options were either put Montembeault in cold then and start Allen tomorrow or stick with the plan.

I had forgotten that when I posted, but I still wouldn't be too concerned with a backup playing 2 days in a row.

9 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I missed the first minute and it was already 2-0. I hope we come back and beat the bastards. 

Matheson skates well but I don’t like his game at all. Gotta give the guy some time due to sitting so long. 

The Suzuki line is truly outstanding 

It looked like the Habs out chanced them in the 1st,it could easily be 1-1 or 3-1 for the Habs.  

I definitely agree with Matheson, but similar to what you said I haven't seen him play enough.  However, so far he seems to remind me of Petry, where does some good things but then dog crap.  

image.png

EVERY game

• Upvote 1

Nice hit by Ghule, although it was late; and his reaction is what you want to see.  

However, Evan's is not.  He needs to stop acting tough because they will call his bluff and he'll lose and that just makes the Habs look like a joke.  Plus, on his 2nd 1 they should have had a PP.   It's a shame really because he does have the right attitude, he just cant back it up.  

I think this is only the second time this season that the Habs have been down by four, the other being against NJ. The worrisome (or positive, for some) thing is that both of those games have been in the last eight days.

Happy the Habs are back to .500 hockey.

The goalies are faltering again, which makes it difficult to see the Allen extension as a positive.

I love Guhle's and Dach's game and I am happy that Monahan and Dadonov got points thus increasing their trade value :)

I did not like how Suzuki tends to float out there. ON two different french play by plays, they mentioned Cole and David have not been reliable on defensive coverage for a few games. I am not sure about that, but it kind of sounded right

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Happy the Habs are back to .500 hockey.

The goalies are faltering again, which makes it difficult to see the Allen extension as a positive.

I love Guhle's and Dach's game and I am happy that Monahan and Dadonov got points thus increasing their trade value :)

I did not like how Suzuki tends to float out there. ON two different french play by plays, they mentioned Cole and David have not been reliable on defensive coverage for a few games. I am not sure about that, but it kind of sounded right

I agree with most of that except the .500 part.  

Dach made several nice moves and Mony and Dady seem to be waking up from their slumber, as was Armia - who I expecting to score in the game but didnt.

David Suzuki has never backchecked in his life.  😝  Jokes aside though, I have noticed #14 floating numerous times in replays when teams score on the Habs.  i.e. plays where he could have been doing more defensively, but wasn't.  

• Like 1