GAME #23 Habs vs Flames 9PM Dec 1 2022

DON

Monahan is gold and is screwing the tank 😅

best game this season by Slafkovsky. 
Harris was run over all game long, not good for his development 

Allen stole the game. Is it the 5th stolen by a goalie ?

The only way I would want Monahan resigned is if he signs in free agency.  I think at this stage of the rebuild, with all of Monahan’s injury history and age, he is far more valuable as a trade chip than a long term player.  

If he keeps playing and producing like he is, there’s no reason to think he can’t fetch a good prospect and/or a 1st at the deadline at least.  With 50% salary retention, any team with roughly $1m in cap space can afford him at the deadline.

10 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Its not just that either.  I knew about his hips but wasn't aware of his full injury history until @The Chicoutimi Cucumber posted an article about them all.  He has had a ton of injuries, so he probably doesn't have the same leverage as other similar skilled players.   However, when you look at his stats and his games played and points the dude is warrior and not only plays through pain but actually continues to put up points.  If Hughes goal is to win the Cup MoneyHands is a guy that can play 4 full rounds of hockey.  Thats why I'd keep if his contract ask is reasonable.    Plus, he's already made quite a bit of money and he seems to like being a Hab and likely knows they are going somewhere so his ask could be very reasonable.  

No question he has had to deal with a lot of injuries and he handled it with a lot of class.  I am cheering for him.  He has the kind of character you want on a team. However I wonder if all these injuries are totally behind him and the contract would have to be very reasonable as there is risk given his injury history. I trust Hughes to do the right thing. If he continues his solid play and stays healthy he will fetch at least a 1st round pick as there will be big demand for his services. 

One line good thats for sure. Can we please see more of that again tomorrow.

https://www.habsworld.net/2022/12/allen-wins-one-for-habs-to-kick-off-road-trip/

2nd Star – Juraj Slafkovsky 

3rd Star – Sean Monahan 

Honourable Mention – Josh Anderson 

BUT;

“He’s a tough bastard,” said Canadiens goalie Jake Allen, who was the star of the game, stopping 45 of the 46 shots he faced

13 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

Officials have been letting the teams play, few missed call for both teams.  Was a missed call that lead to Calgary's goal.  The coach's challenge should be expanded to all calls that should of warranted a stoppage in play, including penalty calls missed.  I would even be fine with the penalty call still not being called, but the goal being called back due to a missed call.

How far back would you allow it ?  The direct play, 1 minutes, 2 minutes, 5 minutes ?

36 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

How far back would you allow it ?  The direct play, 1 minutes, 2 minutes, 5 minutes ?

For the Habs ... seven games

For opponents ... 42 seconds

2 hours ago, DON said:

I assume most folks are leaning to Slafkovski sticking with the Habs and not go ripping it up in Laval?

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2022/12/2/23489776/juraj-slafkovsky-montreal-canadiens-lines-promotion-habs-flames-takeaways-highlights-stats

If he is going to play with Monahan and get PP time then absolutely keep him but if he is playing fewer minutes on the 4th line then surely he would be better off in Laval. 

But HuGo and Marty are unconventionally getting results so I’m not sure they are even considering sending Slafkovsky down