GAME#24 Habs vs Oilers 7:00pm December 3 2022

DON

Continuing to battle lung cancer, Habs great Lafleur also striving to raise  awareness - Nelson Star

Allen starting, Gallagher not dressing.

Harris & Wideman sit

Kovacevic is back in.:thumbs_up:

Tale of the Tape

Canadiens Statistics Oilers
12-10-1 Record 13-11-0
45.8% (24th) Scoring-chances-for % 50,5% (17th)
2,78 (26th) Goals per game 3,42 (9th)
3,39 (22nd) Goals against per game 3,63 (7th)
15,7% (29th) PP% 27,6% (5th)
82,3% (6th) PK% 71,6% (27th)
1-1-0 H2H Record ('21-22) 1-1-0

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2022/12/3/23490862/canadiens-oilers-game-preview-start-time-tale-of-the-tape-and-how-to-watch-tv-listings

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I’ll be there tonight, getting angry at the refs in person.

That's more fun than watching on TV and getting mad at the Edmonton homer announcer that's calling this game for Sportsnet.  I'm sure it'll be treated like an Oilers regional game where Jack Michaels will scream into the microphone once every 10 seconds or so for some little thing Edmonton does.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

That's more fun than watching on TV and getting mad at the Edmonton homer announcer that's calling this game for Sportsnet.  I'm sure it'll be treated like an Oilers regional game where Jack Michaels will scream into the microphone once every 10 seconds or so for some little thing Edmonton does.

I'm an RDS/TVA viewer ... but if I had to watch on Sportsnet/TSN I would stream the TSN690 radio broadcast and fiddle to sync it up with the TV picture as best possible.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I don't think Jack Michaels is that bad, don't mind him at all and I do watch a lot of Oiler games. Now Jack Edwards, there is a homer. 

I will probably watch this on PVR later. I hope Monahan continues to make his linemates better and that Slafkovsky plays a physical came again.

I also hope for another strong game by Xhekaj and Kovacevic, making the decision to send Harris to the AHL easier. I like Harris, but I honestly think he would be better served there.

I also hope the Suzuki line is closely checked by EDM so that other Habs lines shine.

Go Habs Go!

Loose pretty or win BIG !

Hmm, interesting, Allen has a much better road stats vs at home.  .940 vs .870.

I'm glad Pitlick is playing, hopefully he does something to help his cause.

29 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I also hope for another strong game by Xhekaj and Kovacevic, making the decision to send Harris to the AHL easier. I like Harris, but I honestly think he would be better served there.

I agree with you but for the opposite reason.  Harris is more NHL ready but WiFi and Kova need the NHL experience and they'll learn and improve more playing this year in the NHL.

Wow, that was a crazy call on Edmundson.  It was certainly a penalty but there is no way that was worthy of a 5 min major with a game misconduct.  

Right on, Armia gets an assist and Dadonov scores.  Interesting, and now the Habs get a PP.    

Another highly entertaining game by this group. Guhle had a strong night.

I wonder what our record would be if we had better discipline. Seems to me we’ve taken quite a lot of unnecessary penalties this year - likely a symptom of exuberant youth. But still annoying.

5 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I don't think Jack Michaels is that bad, don't mind him at all and I do watch a lot of Oiler games. Now Jack Edwards, there is a homer. 

I'll say this much, that was the most subdued I've heard him in a while and it made for a much better game call than I was expecting.  And yes, Jack Edwards is in a whole other class.

48 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It was a fun game to be at.  You just can't play shorthanded for the first 10 minutes of a period against McDavid/Draisaitl and not get burned. I thought Guhle looked great, so mobile. 

I found Matheson looked really well and engaged offensively tonight.  Suzuki continues to look disengaged. 

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

[...]

Go Habs Go!

Loose pretty or win BIG !

satisfying result, they "lost pretty" if you ignore the penalties.... good effort and entertaining game. Habs with points in BOLD, Habs with penalties in red

Caufield-Suzuki-Dach
Salfkovsky-Monahan-Anderson
Dadonov-Dvorak-Armia
Pezzetta-Evans-Pitlick

Matheson-Savard
Edmundson-Guhle
Xhekaj-Kovacevic

Allen
Montembeault

I Liked Xhekaj and Kovacevic, but Guhle was the best D out there. Savard spends so much time swimming on the ice that he should wear a wet suit!

Dvorak's line had a good game. Monahan didn;t get any points but played well.