Not Satisfied With Just A Play-off Spot.

loved1986

To just make the play-offs is just where my expectations begin. As a proud fan I expect to be ahead of the Leafs for starters. What is the point in making the play-off if you just limp in by a point or two? I know the odd team will manage to fire it up at the right time, but that is rare!So I expect home ice advantage at least for the 1st round and to have a serious shot at the cup. We saw earlier in the season we can do it.

GO BIG or STAY HOME!!! -Fletchwear 2004©

:hlogo: GO HABS GO! :hlogo:

"What is the point in making the play-off if you just limp in by a point or two?"

It certainly beats the alternatives. I'll be quite happy if the Habs make the playoffs and win a playoff series, preferably two. Anything else would be gravy. The team is being built to tbe a contender every year but is a long way from that goal unfortunately

"What is the point in making the play-off if you just limp in by a point or two?"

It certainly beats the alternatives. I'll be quite happy if the Habs make the playoffs and win a playoff series, preferably two. Anything else would be gravy. The team is being built to tbe a contender every year but is a long way from that goal unfortunately

Ask the flames that! They were SHIT before the playoffs! barely made it! and since then they havent looked back! Hell of a team taht will make it to at least division finals! CAUSE THEY HAVE COJONES! So your right only if they make it with two points but if they dont show COJONES that's what matters!

Ask the flames that! They were SHIT before the playoffs! barely made it! and since then they havent looked back!

I disagree.

2003-2004 Regular Season Standings

Western Conference

DETROIT 109 pts

SAN JOSE 104pts

VANCOUVER 101pts

COLORADO 100pts

DALLAS 97pts

CALGARY 94 pts

ST LOUIS 91 pts

NASHVILLE 91pts

------------------------------

EDMONTON 89pts

MINNESOTA 83pts

LOS ANGELES 81pts

ANAHEIM 76pts

Calgary didn't limp into the play-offs and were 3 games away from having home ice.

Montreal's having enough damn trouble getting into the big show.

As much as I hate to admit, how the hell do the Leafs always manage to ice a competetive team? I was looking forward to their supposed demise this year, but it aint happening so far..

How do the Leafs do it. I honestly thought by this point they would be 10 or 15 points out of the playoffs and Montreal would be between 5th and 7th position. The thing with the leafs as much as we all dislike that franchise is they seem to want it and when players go down others pick up the slack which is more than I can say for the Habs. Maybe it is a problem with Coaching to get them inspired or maybe it is an internal leadership problem but when players are injured or not having their best game Montreal does not have the workhorses to propel them to victory.

IMO - Calgary made it to game 7 against the Lightning because they plumbered their way there. Had it not been for that, TB would have closed out with the cup sooner. In today's new NHL the Flames would have watched their cup dreams slip away while in the penalty box.

The better team that should have won, did so.

Montreal must smarten up NOW in order to have a 4th seeding or forget it.

if they are not to make the playoffs, they have to be in the top 10 coming draft day...otherwise, it's a waist of time