Game #25 - 12/5/22 Habs v.s. Canuckleheads

I'll be there with Mrs. Cucumber, wearing my Howie Morenz jersey. Or maybe my Doug Harvey. It'll be a last-second mood decision.

The Canucks are missing their ace goalie Thatcher Demko, and, of course, are one of the most haplessly mismanaged NHL squads of the past decade. Their D has exactly one bona-fide top-4 player on it (the sublime Quinn Hughes). Nonetheless, they have some good players, and Petterson and Horvat have been in beast mode.

Line combos courtesy Team Line Combinations - Daily Faceoff

• Upvote 2

if Montembeault plays (most likely) they will win; if Allen plays, they will most probably loose.

Either way, I hope Monahan continues playing well, and that Dadonov and Armia continue improving and finding their groove.

Go, Habs Go!

Anyone interested in what a Gong Show Vancouver is, check out their bizarre bumbling on the Brock Boeser file here: https://canucksarmy.com/news/if-canucks-torpedo-brock-boesers-trade-value-nailed

That said, Boeser is supposedly going to play with Pettersson tonight, and will probably be unusually determined. I wouldn’t be surprised if he bags at least one tonight.

Not sure Gallagher will ever be back to old form. Seems slower and out of wind often.

Hope he comes back in couple weeks stringer than ever, but doubt he will ever be a 30 or even 20 goal scorer again.

Not victim blaming but he has to keep his head up a little more and anticipate that other people are out there trying to hit him. It’s been a few times now where similar hits have happened to Slaf. Anderson was skating the same path just before and I was thinking to myself what if someone were to hit him as he streaked behind the net, but he had his head up the whole time and maintained his speed. A few seconds later, bam, the hit on Slaf. 

3-0 🚨🚨🚨

make that 4 🚨🚨🚨🚨

Pezzetta 🚨

Poor Pezzetta no respect.  He scores and they pull their Goalie.  

I agree that Slaf needs to be more situationally aware to be able to realize when he is in a vulnerable position.  

Have the Habs lost a game yet in which Nick and Cole have scored?  I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they have.  

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Haven’t seen Monahan in a while. His foot bothering him?

They have beens saying for a few games he has an injured foot.  Speculation is since Montreal is up 4-0 they sent him to the dressing room to not further aggravate it.  It's also possible he aggravated it.

15 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

They have beens saying for a few games he has an injured foot.  Speculation is since Montreal is up 4-0 they sent him to the dressing room to not further aggravate it.  It's also possible he aggravated it.

Aghh thanks. 

Not the best finish to that period!

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #25 - 12/5/22 Habs v.s. Canuckleheads