Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson
Dadonov - Dvorak - Armia
Slafkovsky - Dach - Hoffman
Pitlick - Evans - Pezzetta

Edmundson - Guhle 
Harris - Kovacevic
Xhekaj - Wideman

Allen

No lineup changes for the Canadiens as per St. Louis.

• Upvote 2

Armia was on the 2nd wave of the PP and did...nothing.

On his next shift he gets a lazy slashing penalty.  If this team had more healthy bodies up front, I would hope he would  be a permanent scratch.

Right now he is a waste of a roster spot.

20 minutes ago, habscout said:

Now Dadonov starts thr 2nd powerplay?!

Is Marty St.Louis trying to lose this game? 

Dadonov has been on the top PP unit the last few games.  He typically is a pretty good power play guy so that does make sense.

That was an awful call against Dach.  You can go after a player after they hit your teammate, unless you knock him down or something?  The penaly is on Dach for going after Lewis for the hit on Caufield.  Almost all the time they let that go, except the one where Dach didn't punch anyone?  So it's ok if you punch the guy, just don't tackle him?

25 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

How can our PP be so bad?

Hope Tanev is ok

Not having Caufield (who's done for the night) really hurt that 5-on-3.

10 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Suzuki is getting a penalty now for trying to get out of Kadri's way?  At best it's incidental contact.  This is a special type of officiating tonight.

I don't have an issue with that one.  That was legitimately interference to me.

15 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

How is that a penalty on Anderson for tripping Markstrom when Markstrom was already in his butterfly before Anderson made any kind of contact?????

Is that the new standard for tripping?

11 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Suzuki is getting a penalty now for trying to get out of Kadri's way?  At best it's incidental contact.  This is a special type of officiating tonight.

Both were stupid. Kadri skated into Suzuki 

Dumb period full of dumb penalties. 

I assume Caufield is in protocol but is there a chance that he is hurt? 

Ahhh TV just reported that CC is done 

7 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Both were stupid. Kadri skated into Suzuki 

Dumb period full of dumb penalties. 

I assume Caufield is in protocol but is there a chance that he is hurt? 

Ahhh TV just reported that CC is done 

Caufield is done for the game, not good news.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Not having Caufield (who's done for the night) really hurt that 5-on-3.

I don't have an issue with that one.  That was legitimately interference to me.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree.  You can see Suzuki is turning, and he even tries to sidestep the contact.  What else is Suzuki supposed to do in that situation?  He's trying to get out of the way, which is what he's supposed to do in that situation.  He doesn't lay his shoulder into Kadri or attempt to make contact.  He's actively trying to avoid it.

Fun game.

15:22 for Slafkovski, i like it.

Hoffman looked inspired and managed 6 shots.

Allen had a solid game.

0 for 7 on the PP.

PP time;

Hoffman 7:40

Dadanov 4:40

Armia 5:11

Caufield seemed to hit the back of head into the ice when he got run over. Hope is OK.

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

I respect your opinion, but I disagree.  You can see Suzuki is turning, and he even tries to sidestep the contact.  What else is Suzuki supposed to do in that situation?  He's trying to get out of the way, which is what he's supposed to do in that situation.  He doesn't lay his shoulder into Kadri or attempt to make contact.  He's actively trying to avoid it.

It doesn't really matter if he tried to avoid it though.  Did he hit Kadri after Xhekaj steered Kadri into him?  He did.  Was the puck there?  Nope.  Was it also a blindside hit, the type that gets a lot of scrutiny?  Yep.  It was absolutely incidental contact but intent doesn't matter.  I don't think Suzuki could have done anything different either, it was just one of those wrong place/wrong time situations but even with that, it still fits the definition of what constitutes an interference penalty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I didnt really think it should be a penalty.  Every time 2 players are looking in different directions and make contact 1 interferes with the other.  However, it typically isnt called a penalty.  I tend to view it as a similar play as when Chiarot pushed Tavares and Perry almost took his head off. 

Either way, I agree with this guy:

image.png

13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It doesn't really matter if he tried to avoid it though.  Did he hit Kadri after Xhekaj steered Kadri into him?  He did.  Was the puck there?  Nope.  Was it also a blindside hit, the type that gets a lot of scrutiny?  Yep.  It was absolutely incidental contact but intent doesn't matter.  I don't think Suzuki could have done anything different either, it was just one of those wrong place/wrong time situations but even with that, it still fits the definition of what constitutes an interference penalty.

If that is a penalty, then all contact between players that aren't near the puck has to be a penalty.  Typically if players collide without intent, there isn't a penalty call.  Not only was this not a collision, Suzuki actively tried to avoid the contact.  The only thing he could of done different was put himself in harms way to avoid the contact and that's just not a realistic expectation.

It's an unfortunate outcome, glad he wasn't hurt, but it's not a penalty. 

Rule 56.1

A player is allowed the ice he is standing on (body position) and is not required to move in order to let an opponent proceed.

59 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

After watching it a few times (as I only caught the 3rd period) I agree that it’s a penalty. 

I watched the replay several times and I don't think it was even a penalty.  Kadri ran into Suzuki as much as Suzuki ran into Kadri. The only difference was that Suzuki saw it coming and tried to get out of the way so he was a little more ready for the contact. 

9 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I watched the replay several times and I don't think it was even a penalty.  Kadri ran into Suzuki as much as Suzuki ran into Kadri. The only difference was that Suzuki saw it coming and tried to get out of the way so he was a little more ready for the contact. 

There’s always a danger of being a “homer” on these things and trying to excuse the malfeasance of players on your favourite team. But in this case, looking at the replay, I honestly do agree with you. Suzuki clearly has no interest in making contact and actively swerves to try to get out of the way. This is typical of how he plays the game, a shifty FW who makes a living by evading contact. If “intent” is germane to disciplinary action, as the league has long presumed - a get-out-of-jail-card for attempted murderers like Chara - then he should not be suspended for that.

However, if the league decides to err on the side of player safety and impose a one-game suspension, I won’t object, since I’m always decrying the league’s neglect of player safety. What will grate is the knowledge that an identical case could happen next week and the league decision could be completely different.