World Juniors 2023

Neech

Sad I missed this game, looked like a classic! Won't be making the same mistake for the game on Wednesday against the Yanks.

It's pretty disappointing we don't get to see the Russian team out there with Michkov showing how he stacks up against Bedard.

11 hours ago, Neech said:

It's pretty disappointing we don't get to see the Russian team out there with Michkov showing how he stacks up against Bedard.

I would of preferred to see Slafkovski playing.

2 minutes ago, DON said:

I would of preferred to see Slafkovski playing.

Agreed ... and so does Simon Nemec

I think that it was a huge mistake not letting Slaf go because the Slovaks surprisingly were a very physical team.  If Slaf had been there with them some of that might have rubbed off on him in all the right ways.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

Anyone else notice team USA floating in the 3rd while being up 8-0? I understand in the round robin when goals could be a tie-breaker, but it's disrespectful in am elimination game.

I am not sure what you mean. At 8-0 in the 3rd the game is in the bag.  Would it have been more respectful to run up the score to 12 or 13-0? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am not sure what you mean. At 8-0 in the 3rd the game is in the bag.  Would it have been more respectful to run up the score to 12 or 13-0? 

I mean the forwards were floating/cherry picking for breakout passes, trying to run up the score.  As soon as there was any indication of the puck getting turned over to them in their zone, 2 forwards shot towards the opposing blueline.

17 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I mean the forwards were floating/cherry picking for breakout passes, trying to run up the score.  As soon as there was any indication of the puck getting turned over to them in their zone, 2 forwards shot towards the opposing blueline.

Ok, that makes sense now. 

I want to say the Czech vs Sweden game is good, but it's like a comedy of errors offensively for the Czechs.  I also don't care for the clutching and grabbing Sweden is getting away with in the 3rd. 

Probably alone here, but that first interference call looked a bit iffy to me. 

Let's see if this one gets reviewed. Wouldn't be surprised if this is another interference/no goal, pushed his pad in.

Canada - 4

US - 2

Refs - 2 :)

1 hour ago, Neech said:

Are we just a powerplay team that runs the score up against the minnows?

Scoring against minnows ... that is exactly why I worry about putting too much weight on prospects' WJC performances.

ROY with the dagger