World Juniors 2023

Neech

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Not a bad call at all.  That's IIHF rules.   They are a lot more severe on goalie interference than the NHL is. 

1st call was iffy, the outcome depends on which team you support. Canada scores and it gets called back on that play, there may have been a riot. 

I had the impression that Canada is going to destroy Czechia in this game and hopefully I am right.  Czechia got lucky in the last game when Can got a 5 min major plus they played Gaudreau in net when Milic seems to be a lot better.  

Speaking of luck, damn offside.  Thats too bad.  

Nice, Can scores 1st.  I want to see the flood gates open!!  

3 hours ago, huzer said:

1st call was iffy, the outcome depends on which team you support. Canada scores and it gets called back on that play, there may have been a riot. 

Its the IIHF rules.  We literally saw the refs stop play ans have a faceoff outside the zone cause Roy was in the crease tonight.  The IIHF rules are much stricter on interference and that would have been called on canada too.

You cant judge this tourney by NHL rules.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Two goals within a minute ... what happened? (No TSN here, alas)

Second goal was a tip that would of ended up in a corner, but went off of Del Mastro's leg and went in.  Lucky bounce, but the Czechs were coming on.  The Czechs almost won it in the final 20 seconds with a scramble in the Canadian net.

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Two goals within a minute ... what happened? (No TSN here, alas)

2 stupid lucky goals right quick.  The 1st 1 went off the post but there was a Czech right in the crease who tapped it in.  

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

2 stupid lucky goals right quick.  The 1st 1 went off the post but there was a Czech right in the crease who tapped it in.  

The first was also questionable for offside, but the puck was so high in the air on the zone entry no camera angle was going to confirm it.

5 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

The first was also questionable for offside, but the puck was so high in the air on the zone entry no camera angle was going to confirm it.

Yep.

Like you said at the very end they almost scored that the refs were reviewing it to see if Czechs had scored.  Gord Miller commented that the TSN crew assured him that it hadn't and they joked that had never happened before.  Sitting in the dressing room waiting for OT and hearing there was a goal would be a crappy way to win and an even crappier way to lose.

22 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

The second one was lucky deflection off the defender, the first was a great shot and the Czech player was first on the rebound.

Made for some fun in OT and Canada still won. Great game! The Czechs look like they finally might be back to being a hockey power again.

Thank god.  

1 minute ago, Neech said:

The second one was lucky deflection off the defender, the first was a great shot and the Czech player was first on the rebound.

Made for some fun in OT and Canada still won. Great game! The Czechs look like they finally might be back to being a hockey power again.

Honestly, I can't stand Czech hockey at all.  I fully agree with @TurdBurglarearlier comment that they are clutch and grabbers and I'd add they dive/overexaggerate big time.   They are also the masters of dumb luck and beneficiary of bad calls.  Every medal I've ever seen them win I find it to be highly undeserving. 

54 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its the IIHF rules.  We literally saw the refs stop play ans have a faceoff outside the zone cause Roy was in the crease tonight.  The IIHF rules are much stricter on interference and that would have been called on canada too.

You cant judge this tourney by NHL rules.

I’ll stand by my assessment. It wasn’t overturned until challenged. Reverse the jerseys and the bulk of Canada would’ve lost their collective gourds on the goal being disallowed.

The second interference was obvious all day long.

Both games were fun viewing today. great assist on the gwg by Roy. US/Sweden was a defensive/goalie nightmare, but fun to watch!

7 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Thank god.  

Honestly, I can't stand Czech hockey at all.  I fully agree with @TurdBurglarearlier comment that they are clutch and grabbers and I'd add they dive/overexaggerate big time.   They are also the masters of dumb luck and beneficiary of bad calls.  Every medal I've ever seen them win I find it to be highly undeserving. 

My comment earlier was that Sweden were clutching and grabbing Czechia in their game.  I actually thought Czechia had the strongest defensive team in the tournament.  They over performed extremely well without elite level offense.  I didn't like the rolling in the crease screaming in pain from their goalie after the collision, but went on to play an amazing game like nothing happened.  It does a disservice to the game.

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

My comment earlier was that Sweden were clutching and grabbing Czechia in their game.  I actually though Czechia had the strongest defensive team in the tournament.  They over performed extremely well without elite level offense.  I didn't like the rolling in the crease screaming in pain from their goalie after the collision, but went on to play an amazing game like nothing happened.  It does a disservice to the game.

Oh, I remember you said that but forget you were referring to Sweden. lol   I didn't notice Sweden doing that.

Czechia usually do have good d and low offense.  They're the type of team that gets outshot 60-15 but win 2-1.  I can't stand their typical style of hockey.

5 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Oh, I remember you said that but forget you were referring to Sweden. lol   I didn't notice Sweden doing that.

Czechia usually do have good d and low offense.  They're the type of team that gets outshot 60-15 but win 2-1.  I can't stand their typical style of hockey.

I'll give them credit, they did a great job of keeping the puck to the outside.  It doesn't hurt when you have a goalie that can bail you out.