Tkachuk - Brassard - Giroux
DeBrincat - Pinto - Batherson
Kelly - Kastelic - Watson
Luccini - Chartier - Gambrell

Chabot - Zaitsev
Sanderson - Hamonic
Brannstrom - Holden

Talbot

Thanks for the Canadiens lineup @dlbalr. Stutzle is out for a week for Ottawa. I can't seem to find a certain source for the starting goalie for Ottawa, best I found is from sportsnet.

Too bad Wideman is dressing and that Pitlick is sitting (i would of scratched Pezzetta-Armia or Dadanov instead).

Habs still hanging in the wildcard race, for better or worse.

56 minutes ago, DON said:

Apparently the Habs have the 4th toughest remaining schedule which I guess is a good thing. Florida has the toughest schedule left which is definitely a good thing. 

https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/remaining_schedule_strength

2 hours ago, DON said:

Too bad Wideman is dressing and that Pitlick is sitting (i would of scratched Pezzetta-Armia or Dadanov instead).

Nothing would please me more than to squeeze into the playoffs and eliminate the leafs AGAIN in the first round. 

Even sweeter than a good draft pick

That would be fun to see.

Getting a top 5 pick, i think, would be better long term.

But we all know all the players and coaches would love to make the playoffs this year.

37 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Nothing would please me more than to squeeze into the playoffs and eliminate the leafs AGAIN in the first round. 

Even sweeter than a good draft pick

Agree, although the Leafs seem to be hitting another level this year. Unsettlingly. But we’ll see what April brings, a lot can change between now and then.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

:hockey:  Go Drouin Go! :hockey: 

Hope the wrists can hold up

At least someone is excited about Drouin. For my part, the doors of the Bell Centre can’t hit his ass soon enough.

34 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

[...]Drouin. For my part, the doors of the Bell Centre can’t hit his ass soon enough.

Well said...his last game for this team can't come soon enough for me.

Hoping to see the top line score a couple, and Slaf/Anderson to have another strong game that results in a goal.  I want a win tonight badly...can't stand the Sens or their fans.

5 hours ago, DON said:

Armia kills penalties and Dadonov plays the power play (and they're hoping to move him).  Pitlick doesn't see any special teams time which makes him the logical choice against an opponent that has a fair bit of physicality in their bottom six.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

Armia kills penalties and Dadonov plays the power play (and they're hoping to move him).  Pitlick doesn't see any special teams time which makes him the logical choice against an opponent that has a fair bit of physicality in their bottom six.

True, but dont change my opinion who 'should' be dressed, or who i would prefer to see playing.

As long as neither Armia and Wideman arnt on the PP, would be bit easier to have hope the PP might actually be a positive.

11 minutes ago, DON said:

True, but dont change my opinion who 'should' be dressed, or who i would prefer to see playing.

As long as neither Armia and Wideman arnt on the PP, would be bit easier to have hope the PP might actually be a positive.

I'm the other way with Wideman - he was a decent PP guy last year (12 points).  I'd like to see him more on the power play as that's about the only reason he should be in the lineup (injuries notwithstanding).  If that's his role, he shouldn't be settling for second unit leftover time.

4 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Apparently the Habs have the 4th toughest remaining schedule which I guess is a good thing. Florida has the toughest schedule left which is definitely a good thing. 

https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/remaining_schedule_strength

Geez, that half sucks.  I was aware of the great news about Florida having the hardest schedule, but I was unaware of the bad news that the Habs have the 4th hardest.  

The next 2 weeks will likely be huge for the Habs playoff chances.  They play a bunch of teams that are in the bubble.  The teams that beat the Habs over the next 2 weeks might end up being the teams that remain above them.  

16 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We seem to have the bad habit of passing instead of shooting when in hi danger areas. 

Slafkovsky was in the slot on the PP and he passed to Dach. Slafkovsky had a prime opportunity 

I had the same thought when I saw that.   I'm not sure why he passed to Dach.  At times, they seem to try to be too cute with extra passes or behind the back no look passes.  Unfortunately, so far this year none of that has worked out well for them.  

13 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I had the same thought when I saw that.   I'm not sure why he passed to Dach.  At times, they seem to try to be too cute with extra passes or behind the back no look passes.  Unfortunately, so far this year none of that has worked out well for them.  

For this season, I’m not really opposed to it.  Clearly St. Louis is encouraging the team to be creative.  You really can’t learn if you can’t make mistakes. The hopes would be they learn from it.

Clearly he’s not confident in his shot at this point.

I'm not sure if it was or not but part of me feels like that 2nd goal might have been goalie interference.  i.e. his skate touched Monty's pad and the way he was front and center of the crease prevented Monty from being able to move.  The Sen was deep in the crease.  

6 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

For this season, I’m not really opposed to it.  Clearly St. Louis is encouraging the team to be creative.  You really can’t learn if you can’t make mistakes. The hopes would be they learn from it.

Clearly he’s not confident in his shot at this point.

True enough, but they are often trying to be too creative.  Plus, creative doesnt need to be complex or difficult.  Ironically, when they aren't doing it on purpose it often works out fairly decent.  i.e. numerous times when a Hab loses the puck it will end up going to a linemate.