Dadonov - Dvorak - Hoffman
Slafkovsky - Evans - Anderson
Pitlick - Drouin - Armia

Harris - Kovacevic
Edmundson - Guhle
Xhekaj - Wideman

Allen

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Habs played last night, Ducks got blasted last game so I think a tough game tonight. Not sure what is going on with Anaheim, last year they looked like an up and coming team but this year they are terrible. 

I hope this results in a 9-6 game tonight 

5 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Habs played last night, Ducks got blasted last game so I think a tough game tonight. Not sure what is going on with Anaheim, last year they looked like an up and coming team but this year they are terrible. 

Hmm, apparently both of the Ducks goalies are injured and their G tonight has only played 6 NHL games.  That should help the Habs big time in this annoying back to back game.  

This could be a high scoring affair for the Habs at least.  

Anderson held Kulikov causing Kulikov's stick to hit Anderson in the face.  The high-stick drew blood.  So you can be called for a high-stick when it wasn't your fault, but since it wasn't your fault the automatic double minor doesn't apply.  Either the high stick can't be called and if it is, the automatic double minor can't be ignored. 

I'm fine if they don't call Kulikov there, but they did so the automatic double-minor has to be too.

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

Anderson held Kulikov causing Kulikov's stick to hit Anderson in the face.  The high-stick drew blood.  So you can be called for a high-stick when it wasn't your fault, but since it wasn't your fault the automatic double minor doesn't apply.  Either the high stick can't be called and if it is, the automatic double minor can't be ignored. 

I thought the exact same thing. 

There are no standards or consistency at all to NHL refereeing. 

Suzuki was penalized for trying to evade Kadri because of letter of the law but that didn’t apply here?

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I must have missed the memo that Dominique Ducharme was back behind the bench for this one.  No intensity, hustle, or anything from the Habs in that period.

A bit of a hangover from playing Ottawa last night, not surprised. I think they come out harder in the second. 

The PP is struggling because they just aren't engaged.  Lazy puck movement, lazy skating and lazy shooting.  I don't have a whole lot of hope for the rest of this game.

The whole purpose of the PP is use the extra man to open the defense causing them to make a mistake to capitalize on.  Montreal is doing none of that.  Just standing still and passing the puck around, often trying to feed a pass through a defender. 

The Suzuki and Caufield combo was working so well when Suzuki was breaking in from the blue line, forcing the defending winger to open the cross-ice seam for Caufield to cover Suzuki.  If the defender didn't take Suzuki, Suzuki took a shot to a screened or semi-screened goalie.  Now Dach play low bumpers pass, which is good, except he gets the pass and carries it high, within 3 feet of Suzuki, creating a very easy coverage for 1 defender.

Dach really should have 3 options as the bumper.  Pass to front of net if it's open, pass back to Suzuki if he's open or take it behind the net.  If Dach goes behind the net, Suzuki and Caufield goes to the half boards if Dach is getting pressure, if not, both get ready for a pass.  If Dach gets pressure he can goto either side on the board to Caufield or Suzuki.

6 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I don't have a whole lot of hope for the rest of this game.

No doubt, they look lost and the fans are completely out of it, but I'm holding out for the Habs leading scoring rookie d-man to get a goal.

24 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Playing like absolute s**t tonight....I feel bad for everyone who paid for a ticket.

It was so quiet I had almost forgotten that their was people there. 

After Cole's goal the Habs and fans are awake now.  The momentum just swung in the Habs favour, so hopefully they capitalize on it and get the next goal. 

hahaha, nicely nicley Cole.

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #30 - Dec. 15, Ducks vs Habs, 7 PM