• Matheson returns
  • Dadonov and Wideman sit
  • Dach back to centre
  • Anderson back with CC&NS
  • Drouin moves up (?)
  • Pezzetta steps in

• Upvote 2

• GHT120 changed the title to Game #31 - December 17 - Canadiens vs Lightning

No much interesting IMO below, but MSL noted that Drouin playing with Dach means they can switch off/support each other on faceoffs ... MSL was impressed with JD's work at centre in the last couple of games ... game stats show he was 0/4 on faceoffs versus Ottawa (3rd best team in the NHL on faceoffs) but 4/6 against Anaheim ... TBL are closer to Anaheim (20th and 27th respectively) than Ottawa in that regard.

4 hours ago, DON said:

OK, one they "should" lose, be a good one to win.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Habs come up with a big effort tonight.  They will win some games we don't expect them too. Montreal and Florida now tied for the toughest schedule remaining. Not a bad thing. 

NHL Remaining Schedule Strength | Tankathon

23 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Habs come up with a big effort tonight.  They will win some games we don't expect them too. Montreal and Florida now tied for the toughest schedule remaining. Not a bad thing. 

I hope for an entertaining loss with no injuries to trade chips like Anderson or Edmundson.

I also hope Drouin has another good game (based on MSL and play-by-play analysts, the pose on this forum won't have it)

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Poor Harris and poor Slafkovsky/Dach

Thinking opposite for Harris, nice combo.

Drouin is pretty good in offensive end of rink, fingers crossed he isnt a boat anchor for the other 2 guys to drag around.

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Hmm, thats odd that the Habs had the 4th toughest schedule and then several days later they are tied with the toughest.  I definitely disagree with that rank because the Habs have numerous games against the Bruins and Leafs, who they have a tendency to beat when they are the weaker team.  Interesting idea for a website though. 

19 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Hmm, thats odd that the Habs had the 4th toughest schedule and then several days later they are tied with the toughest.  I definitely disagree with that rank because the Habs have numerous games against the Bruins and Leafs, who they have a tendency to beat when they are the weaker team.  Interesting idea for a website though. 

it is a stat that is used in predicting end-of-year standings. I do not think it makes sense for middle of the pack teams or bubble teams.

I don't know if it takes into account back-to-back and compressed schedules like the Habs next 10

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Anaheim is considered one of the weakest teams so after that game it would make sense that their schedule rating got a little tougher.  The fact that they have a lot of games left  with Boston and Toronto would make their rating tougher even though they have had good success with the Leafs. 

4 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I suppose the same could be said about alcohol commercials,  but the gambling ads bother me. Not a fan

IMO ... because they share the element of addiction being harmful to the user and their friends/g-family the government needs to regulate ... it took years before cigarette and alcohol rules came into place.

19 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I suppose the same could be said about alcohol commercials,  but the gambling ads bother me. Not a fan

It annoys me watching on Sportsnet NOW they block all ads except the gambling ones.  Which is bad enough, but they remove the stream controls during these adds.  You can't skip the stream back or forward, just pause.  As soon as the ads are over, they stream controls come back.  It's feels a little underhanded.

While I'm on the subjuect, and I know everyone loves to read my ramblings, who else thinks the digital ads are gonna kill team revenue?  Why would any company pay a premium for board ads, now their exposure is cut down by like 90% as TV viewers get completely different ads?

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

... While I'm on the subjuect, and I know everyone loves to read my ramblings, who else thinks the digital ads are gonna kill team revenue?  Why would any company pay a premium for board ads, now their exposure is cut down by like 90% as TV viewers get completely different ads?

I am confident that the NHL and teams have done the math on this.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I am confident that the NHL and teams have done the math on this.

Rogers did pay like a billion dollars for the exclusive TV rights in Canada.  The contract may have something in it about the digital ads too.

Tank was on for this game.

Drouin had a decent game, but he is exposed every time he plays the blue line on the PP. Drew two penalties and created chances.

what happened to Anderson? He seems to be Armia’s twin out there.

I love Guhle’s play, great kid. 

8 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Tank was on for this game ...

No tank ... the 7th ranked team (Pts%) took out the 24-26th ranked team (.001 differential) ... but good for the 2023 draft chances.