Game #33 - Montreal at Colorado 8pm est Wed. Dec 21

Prime Minister Koivu

Polls are fun  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should Price’s number be retired?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Not considering contracts, which player do you wish wasn’t a Canadien?

• Hoffman
    • Dadonov
    • Drouin
    • Armia
    • None of the above
  3. 3. Is Dach a winger or a centre long term?

• Winger
    • Centre

17 minutes ago, huzer said:

Alrighty, my family will be there tonight. 2nd row corner, Habs attack twice end. Man, Avs winning the Cup certainly impacted ticket prices and demand. Go back three years or so ago, and we were literally turning down free games because we were going so often (for free). Last time we were at Ball Arena was for the watch party when the Avs won the Cup.

Go Habs! Looking forward to seeing the kids fly around out there.

Edit: Also supposed to be a crazy weather evening here. 50mph wind gusts, subzero temps and windchill, and somewhere between 2-7" of snow. 

Yah, the whole western seaboard has been battered with storms, it seems! Anyway, have a great time, Huzer. Great Christmas present, to see your Habs in your local city! I’m looking forward to your impressions of the game and the team.

• Upvote 1

Tough match up, oh well just hope is high scoring (and Richard gets a PP goal).

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2022/12/21/23518003/canadiens-avalanche-game-preview-start-time-tale-of-the-tape-and-how-to-watch-tv-listings

Tale of the Tape

Canadiens Statistics Avalanche
15-15-2 Record 17-11-2
45.7% (26th) Scoring-chances-for % 52.8% (7th)
2.75 (27th) Goals per game 2.93 (23rd)
3.50 (24th) Goals against per game 2.67 (6th)
13.7% (32nd) PP% 27.2% (6th)
79.3% (16th) PK% 76.8% (21st)
0-1-1 H2H Record ('21-22) 2-0-0

50 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yah, the whole western seaboard has been battered with storms, it seems! Anyway, have a great time, Huzer. Great Christmas present, to see your Habs in your local city! I’m looking forward to your impressions of the game and the team.

We've been very fortunate in previous games. A few years back, the equipment manager gave my son a Galchenyuk hat. A couple of years ago, we were "interviewed" by someone from the team in the stands before the game. When the team came out for warmups, they gave my son a Tatar stick. Tatar came over to the glass and gave him a wink and a big smile. We usually go to the Avalanche game on his birthday, and he asked this year, if instead of a birthday game, we could get good seats for the Montreal game. I was happy to oblige!

• Like 2

Perhaps not bad timing to play the Avs ... in addition to Gabriel Landeskog having been out all season, ***IF*** this Fox Sports injury report is accurate, the Avs currently appear likely to be missing at least two top 6 TOI defencemen (Manson and Byram) and three top 9 forwards (MacKinnon, Nichushkin, Cogliano).

Malgin Carries that leaf stink 🤢

13 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Perhaps not bad timing to play the Avs ... in addition to Gabriel Landeskog having been out all season, ***IF*** this Fox Sports injury report is accurate, the Avs currently appear likely to be missing at least two top 6 TOI defencemen (Manson and Byram) and three top 9 forwards (MacKinnon, Nichushkin, Cogliano).

Hopefully this translates to lots and lots of goals.

I want Caufield to stay with the scoring leaders pack and perhaps with some good bounces, even take the lead. 

10-7 would be amazing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Let's hope none of the pending UFAs gets hurt and that Drouin's wrists hold on now playing center.

Go Habs Go!

With Kahdri having left and various injuries it would be a GREAT night for Drouin or Dvorak to shine.

I don't expect Drouin to be great , good at most but not great. He seems to do better on face-offs that Dach and may be a good placeholder until the prospects come up.

5 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Bad trade. He would be such a great role player and mentor to this young team. The only one I was against last year.

I love Lehkonen, but I think it's too early to call this trade, we really don't know yet what Barron will be in the future.

Interesting.  Nice speed and goal by Richard.  

I was wondering if the Habs can get rid of some payers at the trade deadline if they have any prospects that could potentially come in and immediately make an impact similar to Cole did when he played the last 9 games of the season?  Richard might be 1, and it seems like they have numerous others that could too.    Depending on their placement in the standings that could make things interesting.  i.e. if they can dump 2 floaters and replace them with prospects that can actually do something.  

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

Interesting.  Nice speed and goal by Richard.  

I was wondering if the Habs can get rid of some payers at the trade deadline if they have any prospects that could potentially come in and immediately make an impact similar to Cole did when he played the last 9 games of the season?  Richard might be 1, and it seems like they have numerous others that could too.    Depending on their placement in the standings that could make things interesting.  i.e. if they can dump 2 floaters and replace them with prospects that can actually do something.  

Richard was the standout player to me during the preseason.  I was surprised when he was sent down.  I understand why he had to be, but I was still surprised.

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

Richard was the standout player to me during the preseason.  I was surprised when he was sent down.  I understand why he had to be, but I was still surprised.

Ya, its unfortunate that they have too many guys under contract.  Ironically, I wasn't considering Richard when I was pondering who they might be able to bring up and do well at the end of the season.  They potentially have numerous guys that could make the end of the season interesting.   They could even bring up 4 guys and play each 9 games. 

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #33 - Montreal at Colorado 8pm est Wed. Dec 21